SportShifter now availible for your (8P) manual!

SportShifters.com

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Hello A3 owners,

We have just launched our all new shift console for the Audi A3 (8P) manual.
Please have a look at our website: www.sportshifters.com and tell us what you think.

If you have any questions or need advice, don't hesitate to contact me.

Roy

How are these fitted just out of curiosity??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Carlos,

The Aluminum framework is fitted in a similar way as the standard shift boot, simply clicks in.
The shift stick cover slides over the original one and is then secured with the shift knob, which has two M5 screws at the back (a 2.5mm. hexagon key is included in every kit to do so).

So for the 8P it is very straight forward, using the brief instruction manual in each kit, anyone can do it.

Hi oggy,

We have designed the shift knob to be able to sit as close to the top of the gear stick as possible, aswell for the looks and some reduction in shift lenght / shift throw.
The standard shift knob is thicker and sits around 15mm. (0,6in.) higher.

The complete kit however is much more then a shorter gear stick, have a look on our website and you should quickly see the difference with your standard shift console :)

If you have anymore questions please ask.

We will post some pictures of customers (with their permission of course) who just fitted their SportShifter to give some inspiration.
This is Mark's SportShifter with Alcantara black shift boot and gear knob with black 6 speed shift pattern and black double stitches.
Thanks for sharing Mark and enjoy.

Mark

Reactions: martinivw, S3Alex, outsideline and 1 other person
Nice , how much are they and how do we get one ?

There's just no stopping you from wanting/ordering new bits for your car is there! :sweatsmile:

I wish I had your budget, oh and a misses that doesn't moan!

The link in the OP states 200 euros.

Reactions: S.
Hi Michael,

We sell these for € 199,- incl. shipping (approx. £ 175,-)
You can order on our website www.sportshifters.com / products/Audi/A3 (8P) and select your preferences from the drop down menu's.

Roy

There's just no stopping you from wanting/ordering new bits for your car is there! :sweatsmile:

I wish I had your budget, oh and a misses that doesn't moan!

The link in the OP states 200 euros.

Lol, I was just wondering how much it is tbh , slowing down now as money is drying up .

Reactions: HHS3 and Hookmonster
Where are from Michael?
EU customers don't pay import duties, some customers outside the EU may need to pay some import duties.
Please let me know the country and I will look it up for you.

We just finished this one for a customer and is now on its way to Germany, lovely combination of Ultrasuede Black with perforated red and red stitches.

USzwartperfor rood

Reactions: martinivw, kash_v and S3Alex
Im very interested in this for my 8P , and one for our lass too, do you do it for A3 8V ,
Cheers ,
also what is the lead time on this from order to delivery ,thanks

Hi oggy,

Unfortunately 8V is not very soon to come, we will do our best to get it ready this year, but it will probably be around october/november.

We aim to ship within 24 hours, at the moment we just launched two new models so I can't promise we'll be able to make that.
However, always within 48 hours.
Shipping to the UK should take 2-3 days.

Hope this answers your questions.

Roy

Sorry, not an Audi nor an A3, but at least it's a family member of the VAG group :)

Nick's Scirocco with full black leather and blue stitches.
Thought it was worth sharing...

Scirocco

Reactions: xpoweruk, MICHAEL PARKER, outsideline and 1 other person
As we've been getting quiete some questions about the installation of our kit, here's a copy of the installation manual.
If you have any more questions, please ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sandra
Another 8P frame just fresh from the milling process.

IMG 3081

Reactions: xpoweruk
And the finished product:

Alcanwitmetrood

This Italian customer sure has taste, let's just hope he washes his hands before driving :)

Reactions: DJ_26 and MICHAEL PARKER
We designed it to sit a low as possible, to minimize the shift boot as much as we could and get a more sportive look.
But we could simply space it up if you would want to.
This picture gives a better view from the side:

USzwartperfor rood2

Reactions: outsideline
Hi SportShifters,

Great looking product, I especially like how the boot sits really low on the gear shaft.

Just a couple of question if you could answer for me please:
  • Your website states that it reduces the travel by 15-20mm, is this vertical, lateral or both?
  • The gear knob sits 0.6 inches lower down compared to the stock one?
  • Do only your gear knobs fit? As I really want to get the A1/S1 part
Cheers.

You will clearly notice some difference in shift behaviour, length is reduced verticaly by approx. 0.6 inch depending on which shift knob was on the car originaly.
However, our shift knob is designed with a universal fitment, so if you would shorten the shift shaft we could supply a shorter cover and make it basicly sit as low as you want.
But bear in mind the effort to shift will increase and you cannot return back to original.
Our kit is not designed to cope with other shift knobs, it would simply not blend in with the design as they are often made with use of plastics and have a fitment that has a thickening underneath meaning the shift stick cover would have to be much larger aswell and doesn't look nearly as good.

If you have any more questions, please ask :)

Roy

Reactions: HHS3
You will clearly notice some difference in shift behaviour, length is reduced verticaly by approx. 0.6 inch depending on which shift knob was on the car originaly.
However, our shift knob is designed with a universal fitment, so if you would shorten the shift shaft we could supply a shorter cover and make it basicly sit as low as you want.
But bear in mind the effort to shift will increase and you cannot return back to original.
Our kit is not designed to cope with other shift knobs, it would simply not blend in with the design as they are often made with use of plastics and have a fitment that has a thickening underneath meaning the shift stick cover would have to be much larger aswell and doesn't look nearly as good.

If you have any more questions, please ask :)

Roy

Thanks Roy.

The only thing I'm still not sure of is regarding whether there's travel reduction, so on a 6-speed gearbox does your Sport Shifter reduce the travel distance from:
  • 1>2, 3>4, 5>6
  • 2>3, 4>5
  • Both of the above
  • No travel reduction (vertical or lateral)
Cheers.

Well if the total height (shaft plus knob - no smut please) is less then the distance moved at the furthest point will be less since your hand is closer to the pivot, right? Obviously not the same as if you had reduced the angle of movement of the pivot itself ... but I'm no engineering expert ...

Well if the total height (shaft plus knob - no smut please) is less then the distance moved at the furthest point will be less since your hand is closer to the pivot, right? Obviously not the same as if you had reduced the angle of movement of the pivot itself ... but I'm no engineering expert ...

Haha I was being careful whilst typing to make sure that I didn't balls it up! ;)

As you say, having the gear knob 0.6 inches lower means that my hand will have to travel less distance, however the difference will be barely (if at all) noticeable.

The Forge short shifter states the following regarding vertical movements:

Due to an infinitely adjustable pivot mechanism, the wide range should allow for adjustment from stock to a 40% decrease in shifter throw

exactly, here is a small illustration to give you an idea.
Red is standard, green is with a SportShifter installed.

Part1

To be absolutely clear, we are not selling a shortshifter, the reduction in length is a nice side effect of the kit, but our kit is mainly designed to blend in bueatifully with each interior and to make it more sportive.
The forge shortshifter changes the pivot point on the gearbox.
So they can be perfectly combined together aswell.

To be absolutely clear, we are not selling a shortshifter, the reduction in length is a nice side effect of the kit, but our kit is mainly designed to blend in bueatifully with each interior and to make it more sportive.
The forge shortshifter changes the pivot point on the gearbox.
So they can be perfectly combined together aswell.

Awesome, thanks for clarifying for me Roy.

I have the Forge kit (both vertical and horizontal) and it's certainly not 40% ...

I did think that 40% seemed a little optimistic, regardless of what setting you have it on, it's probably more like 20% I imagine.

How do you find both? I'm mainly interested in just the vertical short shifter.

Another 8P frame just fresh from the milling process.

Not sure how this would look against the Audi metallic finish bezel as the textures would look similar but not the same. All your pics so far show a black/dark bezel ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, thanks for clarifying for me Roy.

I did think that 40% seemed a little optimistic, regardless of what setting you have it on, it's probably more like 20% I imagine.

How do you find both? I'm mainly interested in just the vertical short shifter.

I didn't find it made much difference - I actually had my tuner double check it had been installed correctly ...

After the milling process it is far from finished.
The frame eventualy gets a very fine brushed finish that can only be achieved on pure materials like aluminium.

So not mirror polished or roughly brushed, it blends in perfectly with the rest of the interior.
It's a shame car manufacturers use so much plastics pretending to be these days, but knowing how time consuming and costly it can be I can't blame them :blush:

Reactions: S3Alex
After an early Saturday we are back on schedule.

So get your order in and we will ship them out Monday morning! :)

I'm going to be ready for a DSG version soon hopefully!

Reactions: Sandra
Our kits are spreading further and further, this stunning kit is now on its way to Singapore!

IMG 3090

Hope to see a pic of it once fitted :yes:

Reactions: Sandra, Carlos85, S3Alex and 1 other person
Our first female customer!
Laura got herself this amazing kit installed in her Golf Mk5 with alcantara black and red stitching :smiley:

IMG 3121 IMG 3117 IMG 3124

Reactions: DJ_26 and Sandra