UK 2007 A5 emblem fitment, ie. not fitting!

TimberVD

Reaction score
For some odd reason I can't find the right front bumper emblem for my 2007 Audi A5 3.0 TDI sport.

I took my original one off for painting black but broke a few clips in the process as they've just become really fragile.

So I ordered a genuine emblem, showing compatible with my car, this wasn't from Audi themselves, but from selling site.

The original part number is 8E0 853 651 J, which seems to come up as an A4 grille with emblem(?)

The part I ordered from ebay was 8T0 853 605, which has even got two additional prongs that don't fit my grille. Audi parts catalogue shows this to be right part for my car, however it isn't. (2007 cars don't show, only 2008 as the earliest?)

Dimensions are identical, clip width is slightly wider, but the rings look the same size. However when fitting it doesn't quite cover the entire outline left by the previous emblem.

So I ordered a black aftermarket emblem which says fits my 2007, identical to the genuine one I ordered, but not having those additional prongs. It also doesn't cover the original emblem outline either, and you can see the holes of the clips.

I'm really stuck now!

Last edited: