Papps Audi S3 Sprint Blue 2007

Lapapps

Reaction score
Papps Audi S3 2007 Sprint Blue

So after deciding I was going to do one of these project thread things, I sat down and I went blank about what actually I was going to put in this, who would have thought these were so complicated to write.

Anyway, my name is Luke and I'm twenty years old, here is my 2007 Sprint Blue S3. Iv owned this car for 10months now, I always had my eyes set on a Evo before this but due to a relationship at the time, a Evo was out of the question and I compromised and brought a sporty Audi. Needless to say, I actually fell in love with the Audi straight away, only recently have I thought about selling up and going for that Evo I wanted, I even put a deposit down on one, and put a for sale thread up. But after taking a weekend away with my friends to the Evo triangle in Wales, I realised how much potential this practical performance car has, and I re fell in love with the car. So now it's here to stay! I have a lot of plans for the car, and I'm finding it hard not to spend all money now getting everything done, I'm trying to savour each mod now, try and do one a month and hope it keeps me interested for longer. The current mods to the car are as follows

- Stage 2+ Revo Software
- Full Turbo Back Milltek Exhaust Res HiFlow
- ITG Induction Kit
- Autotech HPFP
- Sachs SMF
- ZeroSixty Rear Discs, Tarox Pads
- Apexi Lowering Springs
- Eagle F1 Tyres
- 3SDM 18x8.5 et45 Alloys (Sold)
- Gloss Black Front Grill Plus Surrounds
- Gloss Black Mirrors Plus Rear Diffuser

So I have a few future plans for the car, I want to change the turbo some day, either to a TTE, or skip that forge and go big.

- Team Dynamics 1.2 18x8 ET45 Gloss Anthracite (Ordered)
- ZeroSixty Front Discs, Tarox Pads (Ordered)
- New Braided Brake Lines And Fluid (Ordered)
- Revised Diverter Valve (Ordered)
- Cam Follower Service (Ordered)
- H&R Front And Rear Anti Roll bars
- Whiteline Anti Lift Kit
- Coilovers (Not yet sure which to get)
- Flow Splitter And Side Skirts
- Face Lift Rear Lights
- Non Res Exhaust
- Front LSD (?)
- Haldex Controller Update (?)
- Forge Delete PCV Plus Vent Boost Gauge

- Forged Engine Internals (?) (Look into build later on)
- Garret GT3076R (?)

And there we go, anything with a question mark is me deciding if it's what I need/what. If anyone has any of those parts for sale, pm me and il be interested in buying.

Thanks

Photo Credit: Ryan Johnson - OEM Defined

Last edited:
Reactions: Raiden, leshkin, pistol pete and 1 other person
Nice car.......don't listen to anything I say or you'll end up with big bills!

Reactions: HHS3, Lapapps, Rob C and 1 other person
I listen to everything you say, like you said, rather spend once then twice right?
Cheers for all the help Alex! Sorry that Iv been pestering you :)
Nice car.......don't listen to anything I say or you'll end up with big bills!

Reactions: S3Alex
Also doing a swap from zerosixty fronts, to Ksport 8 pots. Cause why not....right?

Here is the new alloys, I was a tad shocked at how nice they actually look in the flesh, they are getting fitted tomorrow.

Reactions: Hookmonster, S3Alex, Donny_DJ and 1 other person
Good choice!

I do like the graphite finish.

Now they need some clothes....

Get some of these...!

Reactions: Donny_DJ and Lapapps
Good choice!

I do like the graphite finish.

Now they need some clothes....

Get some of these...!
Been using eagle F1s, never tried proxies, you run bigger tyres though right?

Nice car. I have same wheels on my sport transform the look of the car.

Reactions: Lapapps
Been using eagle F1s, never tried proxies, you run bigger tyres though right?

Yes,that's fair comment....those are 245 x 40 x 18.

The smallest 18" they do is 235 if I'm right,but don't quote me,although the older R888 is still available in 225,and is still an excellent summer tyre.

I would remove or repair your rear wiper before it starts marking your bootlid paintwork

The A3/S3 looks so much better without the wiper IMO

I would remove or repair your rear wiper before it starts marking your bootlid paintwork

The A3/S3 looks so much better without the wiper IMO
To be fair the washer motor has failed in the back, so I might actually do that!

Yes,that's fair comment....those are 245 x 40 x 18.

The smallest 18" they do is 235 if I'm right,but don't quote me,although the older R888 is still available in 225,and is still an excellent summer tyre.

Can I ask why that is? Why you pick 245?

To be fair the washer motor has failed in the back, so I might actually do that!

Can I ask why that is? Why you pick 245?

540lbs of torque.....LOL

They have yet to grow on me, and they are no where near as wide as my last set, thinking new bolts and fit my 10mm spacers.

Also I think my front suspension is on its way out, so may change to coils when the ksports come in September, anyone recommend some good coils, don't really want to spend much more then 1200 on them
Cheers!

Is v3 worth more then kW v2? I'm going to track it every now and again

If you are going to track it then at least you should get v3.

To update Iv swapped the seats for wing backs now :)
The feel better but more of a pain to get in and out of xD

Here's how the car looks now

kW V3 coils are going on in the next two weeks :)

Reactions: Baka, HHS3, scotty dugg and 2 others
Should have also considered h and r monotubes, fantastic bit of kit with the Monotube dampers! Mine is a weekend fun car and will see plenty of track and I think I'll run out of talent before I get to the limit of coilovers

Should have also considered h and r monotubes, fantastic bit of kit with the Monotube dampers! Mine is a weekend fun car and will see plenty of track and I think I'll run out of talent before I get to the limit of coilovers
Yeah I didn't really look around, it was more of looking at v2 vs v3

New v3's should be much easier to set than the old ones.

New v3's should be much easier to set than the old ones.
We will see, I'm not fitting and setting them up so hopefully it will be fine. Then time to take it on track before the ksports come. Though I'm really not liking the standard brakes on stage 2+ so much fade.....

Just some quick pics I took on the weekend, and yeah I know I can't take pictures very well. That's why I normally get Ryan to do them.

Reactions: S., HHS3 and Carlos85
She's looking mint mate, I'm getting the exact same alloys next month!

Are you running any spacers yet or added new coilovers, or is that still on the standard suspension with no spacers in the recent photos?

Great stance. What's the ride like, quite firm? I like the design of the wheels but they look kinda small imo. Do they come in 19s?

Great stance. What's the ride like, quite firm? I like the design of the wheels but they look kinda small imo. Do they come in 19s?
Yeah I'm sure you can get them in 19s
Ride is the same as it was before which is amazing. Dosnt feel like Coilovers at all, till you start taking corners fast and your realise they work well. No spacers.

She's looking mint mate, I'm getting the exact same alloys next month!

Are you running any spacers yet or added new coilovers, or is that still on the standard suspension with no spacers in the recent photos?
No spacers, and it's on kW v3 coils, can't fault them, they feel so normal it's crazy!

Reactions: HHS3 and S3Alex
So a few quick updates since last time, Iv got anti roll bars, anti lift, and 8 pot front brakes to fit still. But Iv added a non res exhaust system, face lift rear lights and carbon wrapped mirrors.

Reactions: Raiden and HHS3
How are you finding the clutch? Did you go organic or sintered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Single Mass Flywheel
Chats abit, but strong

There is two types of Sachs clutches one for more torque but is more difficult to pull off, I was wondering what you had and how you found it... Heard a few reviews of difficult gear changes at high rpm

There is two types of Sachs clutches one for more torque but is more difficult to pull off, I was wondering what you had and how you found it... Heard a few reviews of difficult gear changes at high rpm

I don't seem to have that problem, but il probs go to a organic dual mass after, cause the chatting is annoying

I don't seem to have that problem, but il probs go to a organic dual mass after, cause the chatting is annoying

Have you got a video of the chattering at all? I presume it's only at idle? My clutch is on 57K and for stage 2+, I'm torn between going for either a Sachs Organic Clutch & LUK DMF however organic clutches do not like launches, or a Spec Clutch & SMF which can take a beating but chatter at idle.

Just a few pictures I took of the car from edition38.
The car is going in to the body shop Monday for a few resprays, and having a custom made Rs grill :)