iPod Interface - Bluetooth Adapter

LewisXI

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got the crappy iPod interface installed in my A3.

I've bought something like this

https://goo.gl/g6U3I8

to try and see if it's possible to stream Bluetooth audio direct to it.

What i'm finding is (i currently have an old iPhone plugged in) if i unplug the iPhone, plug this in it works for about 30 seconds then drops to no media and stops playing.

Is it possible to trick it into thinking that there is always media there?

Apologies if this is a bit vague.

Thanks

We can supply/fit the fully working Ami system from Audi if interested, ping me a pm if you'd like a price all in :)

I'm looking at getting rid of the car ~October, so don't think it'll be worth it for a few months. Thanks anyway

How does the Bluetooth device you bought get it's power? is it from the ipod connection or is there a battery already in it? I ask as when I put my old iPod in mine it didn't charge and I had to buy some adaptor to enable it to charge the iPod.

How does the Bluetooth device you bought get it's power? is it from the ipod connection or is there a battery already in it? I ask as when I put my old iPod in mine it didn't charge and I had to buy some adaptor to enable it to charge the iPod.

It's from the iPod connector, mine powers it fine, also charges the iPhone that's currently connected as well.

I think some of the very old iPods can't be charged (12v iPods) but the newer (5v) one's can.