A3 bmn misfire

Jake949

Reaction score
Got an issue with my 2007 a3 with the bmn engine. Had the clutch and cambelt done on my car, since then I've been having a few troubles, and the lad that did the work is on holiday for the next couple of months so he can't look at it. Car runs perfect when engine is cold, but once up to temperature starts misfiring on boost and has no power what so ever. Scanned with vcds and came up with i I think it was short to ground on injector 2,3 and 4 so I cleared the codes and now they haven't returned, so no fault codes logged. Everything looks normal on vcds to do with boost pressure and injectors but I could be missing something. Anyone have any ideas? Timing has been double checked and the car has already had the injectors and loom replaced 4 years ago/60k miles.
Any input is welcome, lost all motivation in keeping the car so just want to sort it so I can sell it. Thanks

Could it be a dodgy earth strap? With the gearbox being off for the clutch I'm pretty sure there's an earth strap on it.

I will have a look tomorrow bud, would of thought that it would happen all the time if it was though?