Help needed with Audi 3.2 DSG Stuck in ( P ) Park

Fizzi

Reaction score
hi there hope you all having a good Weekend

So on Friday I parked up my Car Audi 2005 3.2 DSG and i felt like the gear box shifted up from (D) Drive to (P) Park ,as i was parking up really quickly and smoothly something which has not happand before didn't think much of it at the time , and the next day i went to drive and the Gear box is stuck in ( P ) Park and will not move anybody had a Similar issue or any advise would be appreciated thanks

You've probably jammed the park pawl. Take the handbrake off and get someone to rock the car back and forth as you pull it out of park. Sometimes just releasing the handbrake lets it free.

Thanks for your Reply I will give this a try

Well give this a try today still no luck , had AA out to take a look tried a manual realise but didn't work as he said its realising trying to engage gear but something still stopping it told me to see a speaicalist Any body else had a similar expirance

Is there not a way to manually shift the lever by removing the trim piece? There is something in the Audi Owner's manual.

*runs off to get manual*

Page 169 - "Should the power supply to the selector lever be interrupted, the selector lever will be locked in position P. To move the vehicle you must first manually release the selector lever. --> Page 341.

Page 341 - Carefully insert a flat-blade screwdriver in the gap between the surround trim and centre console (the 12v socket side of the centre console, to the left of the driver knee pad). Prise up a bit here. do the same on the other side (left knee pad side), and finally in the middle. lift surround trim.

Next, push the screwdriver into the guide on the front right corner of the selector gate as far as it will go. Then use your hand to slightly press the screwdriver in the direction of the arrow, and hold it in this position. *Do bear in mind this picture is for a left-hand drive model* Try it and see I suppose.

Now press the interlock button on the selector lever and move the selector lever to position N.

*now takes photo*

20160606 002051

EDIT: is this the method the AA tried? Awkward lol