Wheel colour?

QuattroCalum

Reaction score
I have a silver B6 A4 1.8t Quattro with RS6 reps on it, they need refurbed and I was wondering if it would look good with anthracite wheels, anyone one have pics so I can decide. The car in question has all lowers colour coded so there is a LOT of silver already, hence my query. Thanks for any opinions.

What colour are your window trims, chrome or black?

Mine go in this week for refurb, I'm going Charcoal anthracite. My car colour is Atlas grey with black window surrounds and roof rails, in fact I only have chrome on the front grill badge.

Consider d black? The grey would be nice but personally black would tie it all in!

I did consider black but decided on the Charcoal in the end, it took me ages to go darker and to be honest I'm still not 100% sure. Still if I don't like them I'll put them up for sale and have a wheel change.

Darker is more aggressive, suits the b6 rather well!

Can also look a little lost if not lowered, where as the silver always seems to fill the arches well, never the less I'll find out during the week what I prefer.

Agree with matty, I was worried when I did mine, stick height but s line so little lower. Just about get away with it

Hmmm....... think I'm going to go with the anthracite, it's a cop out as it's halfway between black and silver lol.

That program cracks me up..........Saw a silver Golf today WITH.........anthracite wheels and I really liked it so it's final now.

Dark graphite grey always looks good, the colour matches the colour of tyres so overall the wheels look huge. Gloss black often makes the tyres look grey so I would avoid that

That is true, you need an abundance of tyre gel with black wheels.

002.jpg

Must admit the above is true. However, i still wouldn't have it any other way :p

PS. Nice Hankook Ventus'..sticky tires!

Should have stuck with my heart on this one! Had sort of made my mind up to stay silver but had my mind changed and went for charcoal anthracite but it's not for me so a few more pounds are gonna be spent going back silver. I bought a new daily driver last week that I pick up Monday so the avant won't get used much now but still needs to look decent. What do you all think?

Its definitely horses for course but I kind of have to agree because its all about colour scheming.

If you're going to have black or dark wheels, I feel the rest of the cars 'scheme' should be dark ie. smoked windows, potentially lights, badges and wing mirrors to the de-chrome effect.

With yours, since you have remained Oem + i would say back to silver is my honest opinion.

Reactions: mattyboyc
I totally agree with you, I will need new tyres before the end of the summer so will be returning to silver.

Reactions: DrStrange