Tdi Ultra BE or SE Executive 3.0 (272) Quattro

chrisbin

Reaction score
Both stronic, both saloons.

Which would you choose?

Reason for asking is that I've recently signed for the former (ultra BE) and today a new deal has been released for the latter:

Audi A6 Diesel Saloon 3.0 TDI [272] Quattro SE Executive 4dr S Tronic
2 year, 10k miles, contract hire deal
£2000 initial then 23 x £169.99 (all plus VAT).

Certainly an outstanding deal, but personally I'm actually not too disappointed to have missed it..

So the question is performance or looks? I do like my fast Audi's, but if they don't look the part, it's pointless! Get the BE, and it looks fast parked up! :cool:

Its a difficult one. The driver/purist/petrolhead in me says that you should always get the more powerful car, especially given it includes quattro. However, if we weren't interested in how our cars looked the V8 Rover 75 would have been a much bigger seller!!!
The problem (for me) is that I struggle to see the benefits of the extra performance on the crowded boring roads where I spend most of my time, whereas a better equipped nicer cabin is a clear benefit every day.

Its a difficult one. The driver/purist/petrolhead in me says that you should always get the more powerful car, especially given it includes quattro. However, if we weren't interested in how our cars looked the V8 Rover 75 would have been a much bigger seller!!!
The problem (for me) is that I struggle to see the benefits of the extra performance on the crowded boring roads where I spend most of my time, whereas a better equipped nicer cabin is a clear benefit every day.

Well said!

Really don't like the seats in the SE. My budget gave me a choice of SLine BiTDI or BE with one of the other engines. I went for the BiTDI SLine - not sure I'd have been happy with BiTDI in SE trim, though. I think you may have made the correct choice. If you could get a deal on a 272 similar to that above but in SLine trim - that would be worth seriously considering.