Wait for new reg or not?

alFR

Reaction score
I heard today that my car has a build slot scheduled for the start of July, so the dealer reckons that it will be with them around the end of that month/start of August. this is a lot earlier than I was expecting, so assuming this is correct I need to decide whether I take delivery when it arrives or if it is worth waiting for the start of September and the new reg. The dealer will store the car until the start of September if I want. As I see it, waiting might net me an increase in value of the car when it comes to trade it in / sell it as it will look like it's newer, but obviously it means another few weeks without the car with it sitting in a dealer compound for several weeks with the risk of maybe getting damaged etc.

My inclination at the moment is if the build date moves forward to take delivery when it arrives, but if it slips to later then to wait until September. Not sure what to do if it arrives on time though! Any thoughts?

If it's only a couple of weeks, just wait. Regs don't make that much of a difference these days with 2 reg changes in a year.

I guess it depends how tour paying for it? Cash.. Wait for the new reg. PCP.. You've got your guaranteed value just jump in it and enjoy.

Either way though I think I'd struggle not being able to drive my new car as soon as it rocked up at the dealership lol.

Prob not a lot of help but good luck deciding!

Just wait, reg may not make much of a difference but it's still a difference however big or small if you're not going down the PCP route

Can you see it in the tracker yet?

I guess it depends how tour paying for it? Cash.. Wait for the new reg. PCP.. You've got your guaranteed value just jump in it and enjoy.

Either way though I think I'd struggle not being able to drive my new car as soon as it rocked up at the dealership lol.

Prob not a lot of help but good luck deciding!

It will be on PCP: embarrassingly I'd totally forgotten about the GFV. You're right that it probably doesn't matter in that case, although I guess the reg might make a bit of difference to any equity on the car at the end. Thanks for reminding me of that!

Can you see it in the tracker yet?

No, just looked earlier and got the "details do not match" error. I guess it will take a bit of time to get on the system.

No, just looked earlier and got the "details do not match" error. I guess it will take a bit of time to get on the system.
When did you put your order in? My order was dated 12th April and just got my build week as begin of July

Thanks for checking! Hopefully I may hear something soon as well..

It's on there now. Build week 201627
(July 4th I think?)

Actually reading comprehension fail. Tells your the date on the next line. 4th July it is

Same date I was quoted for mine. Will have a look later and see if it's appeared on the tracker.