B6 Tdi bypass the HVAC?

Bosh

Reaction score
Hello all. My B6 1.9 TDI 130 (AVF) has a noisy HVAC clutch pulley, I've managed to diagnose that by removing the aux belt and manually spinning the HVAC pulley and it sounds really bad. The HVAC doesn't actually work (pulled a pressure sensor code in VCDS) and I'm not really bothered about having aircon, especially if it means getting the pulley replaced, pressure sensor fitted and the system regassed all at no minor expense, just to get rid of a rattle!

Has anyone ever tried putting a shorter AUX belt on the front to simply bypass the HVAC completely? Looking at the AUX belt layout it seems this will be possible, keeping all the other stuff spinning the right way. I've had a shop around and there are companies that stock poly-v belts in all shapes and sizes. Just wondered if anyone had tried this before I get stuck in?

Did it to mine a few years ago to get me out of trouble, but I can't remember the size of belt we used.
Replaced the AC compressor with an used unit off ebay for £50 & £25 for regas, & it's still going strong.
You can get a replacement pulley kit on German ebay for about £80 BTW.

Reactions: Bosh