hood protection

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
after reading about different protectors for my a5 cab roof

i think fabsil gold seems to be good?

i heard the gold is better.....what do you guys use?
is it worth doing?

I haven't used Fabsil. I have use Gtechniq I1 a couple of times. First time sprayed on I wasn't alll that impressed but second time brushed on gave much better saturation and was awesome, literally beeding the water away.

Reactions: Geebo and vw754
More a question for the detailing forum to be honest.

I've used standard Fabsil in the past on the TT and loved the results but that was 10 years ago now!

God I'm getting old

Two of my neighbors are using fabsil gold. Both of them seem quite happy about it. One of them is talkative. He never stops paying compliments about his car. I think you should go with the fabsil gold.

Reactions: vw754
I have used Gtechniq I1 on a previous A4 Cab & have it now on my A5 Cab. Thats about three years of using it on both vehicles. For best results buy the dedicated Gtechniq cleaner & use that first. It works better if allowed to cure for several hours before getting wet. I think there is also a minimum temperature for applying it. The A5 was done last June (almost a full 500ml bottle) I've been very pleased the results & the water beading all winter. In fact it shows no sign of needing re doing at the moment.

Reactions: vw754