Audi A4 B8 2012 - O2 Sensor Signal P2196 Error

Mutty2000

Reaction score
Hi All,

My engine emissions light came on for my Audi A4 2.0 Tdi. I got this checked out at local garage and mechanic plugged in the VAD machine which spitted out this erro O2 Sebsor Signal P2196 Rich Bank1 Sensor 1 Too Rich. The mechanic reset the alert and notified me it was a fuel issue and for me to use high performance graded fuel as this caused the error. I thought this was unsual as every 5th of s6th tank I use either V-Power or BP Optimax. The car was reset and working for for a week but this Thursday whilst on the motorway the light came on again.

The car drives fine and with no issues. Can someone go into more detail for this error and suggest a reputable garage I could go to as Audi Sheffield have given me a diagnostic date of the 26th April.

How have you got on with this? I have the same problem. I've been told the O2 sensor is on its way out.

Hi,

I ended up going to the dealer as I was told this error could be related to tw or three parts being replaced :-S. In the end the O2 sensor was replaced. This cost me £311 which includes Audi Diagnostics.

Hope that Helps.