Re-map

John leary

Reaction score
i have just got my car back from garage and have been told they had to remove the chip because someone has deleted faults from the car and I would need to take the car to an Audi dealership to get it reset to factory settings . So the garage can find out what has been deleted or what faults are present . How much would this cost ? Any help appreciated

So did you take your car for a re-map?

Unless someone has previously had the car mapped and the tuner removed the fault code table from the ECU, then flashing a stock map onto the ECU will sort it.

However, if your taking it to be remapped, and your tuner cant sort that simple issue out..then find another tuner.

Reactions: leshkin
Wait, so you car was remapped before you took it to the garage and they had to remove the map because there were DTCs? Does not make sense.

No I had the car in to get remap they phoned and told me they had done the job but when I arrived to collect my car they told me they had taken remap off because they had found that someone had deleted faults previously and they weren't happy with results . They told me I would be best taking car to audigarage to have it reset tofactory settings . Any info gel u could give mme be appreciated
Wait, so you car was remapped before you took it to the garage and they had to remove the map because there were DTCs? Does not make sense.[/QUOTE

Firstly what are the fault codes that you are looking for? Unless it been a cat removal or DPF there is normally no need to remove DTCs. They might have lifted limited for things like deviation etc.

They didn't give me any fault codes they just said some of files were corrupt the dpf was cleaned out when I bought the car but I had stainless steel exhaust system fitted and done away with cat but guy who done exaust doesn't have machine to delete codes . Do you think this could be problem ?