Problem with electrics, help!

Dangedan

Reaction score
Hi iv had my A3 1.9tdi sport 2009 for 2 weeks now I bought it private and I have come across a problem with my fob key my boot doesn't open when I press the boot button and I have to press the unlock button twice for the passengers side, also the drivers side doesn't always open! For the boot I have to press the unlock button twice and sometimes it opens. Any idea on a price to fix it or the best place to get it fixed? Thanks

there is a setting on the menu screen on speedo for setting 1 touch for opening everything by one press, i had to set it to that when we had ours, dont know if thats what you mean?

there is a setting on the menu screen on speedo for setting 1 touch for opening everything by one press, i had to set it to that when we had ours, dont know if thats what you mean?
No sorry my drivers side door just will not open and have to press it twice for passenger side

Have you tried re-syncing the key to the car, i believe if you put the key in the drivers side door lock, turn it and then press the lock/unlock button, that should do it....

Try that and see if it makes a difference.

Have you tried re-syncing the key to the car, i believe if you put the key in the drivers side door lock, turn it and then press the lock/unlock button, that should do it....

Try that and see if it makes a difference.
I will give that a try thanks

The A3 uses the same locks as the A6, and they are a common failure on the A6. If you scan the car you will see fault codes on the drivers & passenger doors, and the tel-tail sign is not being able to open from the outside but it's Ok from the inside handle. The only fix is to replace the locks.

The A3 uses the same locks as the A6, and they are a common failure on the A6. If you scan the car you will see fault codes on the drivers & passenger doors, and the tel-tail sign is not being able to open from the outside but it's Ok from the inside handle. The only fix is to replace the locks.
I'm guessing replacing the locks would be very pricey? It's not a permanent problem just from time to time putting key in the door does seem to sort the problem for now

That is another symptom of failing locks, eventually they will completely fail. You can get used ones from ebay for around £50, new they are around £130. I got a couple of used ones off ebay and not had a problem since replacing them.

Reactions: Dangedan
Not to dear then! It would just be the fitting that would be the problem

That is another symptom of failing locks, eventually they will completely fail. You can get used ones from ebay for around £50, new they are around £130. I got a couple of used ones off ebay and not had a problem since replacing them.
what sort of lock do I need for my car then? or do I need to look for? its completely not working on the drivers side now