Clutch Question - 2.0 TDI

Jonfun

2016 A4 Avant B9 190 Quattro S-Line
Reaction score
Hi All

Having an issue with my 2011 2.0 TDI Sportback.

About a week ago my clutch became quite difficult to depress,
It has always been fairly hard to depress and also vibrates when halfway up or down with a high bite.
I noticed also today that when Idling it is making a clunking noise until I depress the clutch it.

After some Googling I came up with an idea that it might be the 'Clutch release bearing' ? ... as the car only has 45k surely the clutch cant be gone? ...

Either Way I wanted to see if anyone had experienced anything similar?

Many thanks
Jon

Deffo sounds like the release bearing. If the flywheel is ok and not chattering then I'd replace the clutch kit :)

Sounds like it could be the flywheel too with the vibration. Pedal stiffness could be due to a coverplate issue. The clutch pedal on my car was unusually stiff when I bought it at 90,000miles but the clutch worked fine until it started slipping at around 130,000miles. New clutch fitted and the pedal is much smoother and lighter.

Either way it looks like it's worth putting a new clutch and flywheel on it as it's not worth taking the gearbox off just to replace the release bearing (concentric slave cylinder).

Thanks all for the responses...It's at the garage and the verdict is in.

The 'Clutch Release Plate' had "Broken" ... which is the key word Broken, and not worn which is AMAZING news as it means my warranty company will be footing 70% of the bill, I will only be paying for the clutch.

Get the car back tomorrow with a new clutch, flywheel and everything else that goes along with that, hopefully it'll drive like a brand new car :)