So I fitted the fmic but got issues...

popeyeferret

Reaction score
I went ahead and worked out how this thing would fit and this morning I've put it on by myself with no major issues, everything seemed to fit into place although I'm sure the recirc valve could be a lot better
I've only had it up and down the street as I've only got half a bumper fitted, but it sounds dead 'airy' like you can hear air being sucked in and even just on the street it's boosting to like 12psi when before it was only 7??
There's a obviously something quite majorly wrong??
Any help appreciated!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 237
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 198
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 275
And yes they are cable ties for now but I'm going to fit some Meccano type efforts
The top part of the bumper is sorted just on the bottom now

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 216
You've not connected the dump valve based on this pic...

Pillock

<tuffty/>

Thanks,
The dump valve is still in the old place sat just behind where you can see and the black pipe (that's missing a jubilee clip at the moment) is the recirc side that used to go into the intercooler pipe work..?
I'm sure this isn't the idea but as far as I can make out in effect it's all connected up how it was before?

This thing did pop off and didn't seem to go back on as securely;
My mpg readout seems a bit erratic as well
Had the car out its saying its boosting to 15psi which tails off gradually to about 10
I really don't know what I've done, I don't think my dump valve setup is quite right but don't see how it would cause this?
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    789.7 KB · Views: 186
Ahhh... right well the pipe I pictured is still wrong.... just realised the configuration you have there

The outlet in the new pipe needs to connect to the DV then back the the TIP... as you appear to have a baileys valve and I am guessing its an atmospheric valve (pile of rubbish I should mention) then you will need to block off the outlet from your new pipe rather than what you have do there as you have effectively created a massive boost leak which pretty much explains all the issues you are currently experiencing..

The 'this thing' you refer to is the N75 which is the boost control valve...

<tuffty/>

The 'this thing' you refer to is the N75 which is the boost control valve...

What can I say I'm a typical noob idiot who shouldn't be left alone with things like this :-/

It's a recirc which is why I thought although there is a better way to fit it (I've got a piece for the air intake pipe which will eliminate the DV, and fit an oil breather filter I think?) I had it plumbed in the same way as before- it's still sat in the same spot as stock, and the black pipe you can see is the recirc side of the valve that used to go into the now redundant remainder of the oe intercooler pipe at the back of the engine

Alex it was the actual little box itself? It seems to pop back on but not too securely I didn't see if anything else pinged off when it popped off?

Could it be that I've broken it? Or could it just be that missing clip off the 'recirc pipe' it's not a great fit I was going to pop out for the clip later today?

I really really appreciate the help guys!!
Cheers!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    857.4 KB · Views: 202
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    779.8 KB · Views: 180
it needs a clip...

I can now see that the DV is connected to the other end of that pipe so thats a start...

The noise etc will be boost leaking out that unclipped pipe

Where is the blue pipe out of the N75 going? if you were only 7psi before it sounds like you may have an issue with the pipework there... the blue pipe should be seeing boost..

<tuffty/>

I've temporarily changed the setup- blanked off the stock dv pipe with a proper plug, and fitted a vta dump valve off the intercooler piping
It sounds a lot better and I don't believe I've got any air leaks, on a couple of test runs the vta hasn't caused any issues either
It now sounds fine, runs well, but it's still boosting up to 14 psi at least
I don't think I broke anything on the n75 unless there is a bit that's popped off and gone astray?
The blue pipe of the n75 just goes back into the intercooler pipe system

Really appreciate the help

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    772.3 KB · Views: 203
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    779.8 KB · Views: 173
Those silicone hose outlet jobbers are sh*te tbh... I'd try and get the car smoke tested if you can...

t-bolt clamps are rubbish too... by the way... :)

Check that the sliding bit under the bolt is lined up right... needs to span both sides of the gap under the bolt otherwise it will not seal properly and leak

Don't over tighten them either as it will crush the alloy pipes

<tuffty/>

if the solenoid is popping off the top of the N75 valve then it'll probably be bleeding all the pressure away and therefore failing to operate the WG actuator? and subsequently overboosting. And maybe you've lost the valve/plunger completely from the solenoid when it popped off so its now just a electromagnet sitting on top of three pipes doing nothing?

Reactions: popeyeferret
Thanks sincerely for all the help guys
This will be sorted now- lost a plunger (found) and a spring (not found) out of the n75

Sorry for being such a noob dufus... :-/

Reactions: Alex C
Thanks sincerely for all the help guys
This will be sorted now- lost a plunger (found) and a spring (not found) out of the n75

Sorry for being such a noob dufus... :-/
Replace the N75 dude... its f*cked based on the description

<tuffty/>

It certainly was
Replaced now (£25- there's a guy that breaks s3s close by)and working fine and back down to about 7psi
Seems I had actually plumbed it all up right and simply broken the n75
Still got the vta dv on it right now but will refit the recirc and bobs your uncle
It actually sound and drives better than it ever did, it feels smoother

Thanks again