Cam chain need's replaced or something else? (video)

isimpoi

Reaction score

Best heard at 0:26 and 0:49 and 1:04

It just doesn't sound right to me. Just used to the engine noise and feel this isn't a normal one. Understand the enigne is tappy/ticky and not referring to that noise but the other background like mechanical heavier clunky-ish noise. Suspect the cam chain possibly?

Any one have or heard similar?

Hmm doesnt sound right, sounds like a diesel. There are lots of noises going on there, when was the last oil change and what grade oil are you using?

There does seem to be a chain noise heard in the background, maybe its stretched or the tensioner is failing. Its hard to diagnose obviously from the video, my suggestion would be a fresh oil change to start with using quality audi spec oil. You can also use vcds I believe to scan the car and get timing information. This will tell you if your timing is out.

Hmm doesnt sound right, sounds like a diesel. There are lots of noises going on there, when was the last oil change and what grade oil are you using?

There does seem to be a chain noise heard in the background, maybe its stretched or the tensioner is failing. Its hard to diagnose obviously from the video, my suggestion would be a fresh oil change to start with using quality audi spec oil. You can also use vcds I believe to scan the car and get timing information. This will tell you if your timing is out.
Literally changed my oil last week and did my cam follower, new spark plugs and new coil pack all this week so everything is technically fresh so to speak. Oil I used was quantum 5w40 as the car is mapped for stage 2+ and 5w30 or 5w40 was the recommended oil to use

Has the noise started after all of this, or did you have it before?

Can you get it scanned with vcds to check the timing? Failing that i would take it to a garage to get a proper diagnosis