Central locking short circuit/driver door problem

Andy_M

Reaction score
Hi,

I posted a while back about a couple of minor issues I was having (http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/new-8p2-owner-a-couple-of-minor-issues.264646/) but I now have a bit more specific detail and thought it was worth breaking it out to a separate query.

Basically the car I bought has the seemingly common problem of the driver door not always unlocking with the fob. The previous owner told me that it tended to happen in cold/damp weather and for a couple of weeks it was a constant problem, however since the sunny weekend a week ago the problem has complete disappeared. I would still like to work out what has been causing it though for when the weather gets bad again.

I had a VCDS scan on the car on Friday night and a few fault codes came up linked to it...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 42: Door Elect, Driver Labels: 8P0-959-801-MIN3.lbl
Part No SW: 8P0 959 801 K HW: 8P0 959 801 K
Component: Tuer-SG H03 0040
Coding: 0000688
Shop #: WSC 06314 000 00000
VCID: 4385094102B7FD2623-8016

2 Faults Found:
01552 - Motor for Central Locking; Drivers Door (V56); Lock
012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit
00928 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Driver Side (F220)
008 - Implausible Signal

Address 46: Central Conv. Labels: 8P0-959-433.lbl
Part No: 8P0 959 433 J
Component: KSG H10 0080
Coding: 1980202002186D0985054C9FC637
Shop #: WSC 06314 000 00000
VCID: 4385094102B7FD2623-8016

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 1K0 951 605 C
Component: LIN BACKUP HORN H03 1301

Subsystem 2 - Part No: 1K0 907 719 C
Component: Neigungssensor 005 0003

Subsystem 3 - Part No: 8P0 951 177
Component: Innenraumueberw.H04 0020

2 Faults Found:
01038 - Central Locking Thermal Protection
000 - - - Intermittent
00332 - Control Circuit for Tank Flap
007 - Short to Ground

It seems a strange coincidence that there is an earth grounding fault when it has been happening in damp weather, however the location of it being in the fuel flap lock is a bit confusing. Could this cause the driver door issue by just being further down the chain? Also the problem has only ever manifested itself with unlocking, locking the car on the fob has always been 100% fine.

Any help/input gratefully received so I don't start ripping trim out unnecessarily.

Thanks,
Andy

I'm getting exactly the same errors and problems. I hope someone can shed some light on this. I'm also getting a fault with all my electric windows.

"00332 - Control Circuit for Tank Flap
007 - Short to Ground"

.. i had this a few years back, it ended up being caused by the tank flap solenoid, fair cheap and easy to replace. I think it was caused by too much friction / lack of lubricant where the connecting rod between the solenoid and tank flap operates.

I don't have the part number, sorry.

If you stand outside the car with the tank flap open, press the lock button on your key fob, you should see a small pin appear or at least hear the solenoid moving. If nothing happens then you've definitely need to replace the solenoid.

Right, well I tried the flap yesterday and it does indeed seem to have died (the pin doesn't move at all and you can get into the flap with the car locked or unlocked). Looks like I'm going to need a solenoid and a couple of hours after all. Oh well.

My assumption is that this is probably an additional fault rather than connected to the drivers door issue?

i had this issue during the cold weather. then it went away mysteriously (not that i'm complaining).

Tim, thanks! That will be a great help.

S, yeah. Mine seems to have completely gone too now things have warmed up. I'm wondering if it's something less fundamental than a unit failure and maybe just something sticking (especially as I can still hear the 'click' in the door even if it doesn't work)? I might take the door apart and have a look/clean to see if something is gummed up.

Reactions: lisaclio
Tim, thanks! That will be a great help.

S, yeah. Mine seems to have completely gone too now things have warmed up. I'm wondering if it's something less fundamental than a unit failure and maybe just something sticking (especially as I can still hear the 'click' in the door even if it doesn't work)? I might take the door apart and have a look/clean to see if something is gummed up.
Let me know how you get on. I'm too looking for a less expensive fix as mine is sensitive to the cold and still clicks

Will do. I might well wait until it's doing it again though so it is easier to identify the issue.