Swapping Concert speakers for BOSE

CarbonMike

Reaction score
Am looking are swapping out all 5 Symphony/Concert (what ever fricken audio ive got in mine?!) speakers with used BOSE gear.

Is it just a simple unplug old replace with BOSE unit an done jobby or is it a VCDS mess about?

Will also be fitting the BOSE amp too

It has to be coded to the head unit to use Bose pre out pins not standard amplifier, are you running all the amplifier wires to the boot for the Bose amp as well?

If you don't mind me asking how much is the second hand Bose going to set you back, because it's not all that great?

I have Bose in my avant and personally I think it is garbage, a little better than standard, but by no means good! If it was me I would be putting in a proper processor/8 channel amp such as an audison AP8.9 bit. Run 4 channels to the front (2 tweeters and 2 mids), 2 to the rear and then bridge the last 2 for a sub, you will end up with a system that blows the socks off of the Bose setup which has no highs, no lows and mediocre mids at best! This all obviously depends on what you want to spend.

That's cheap then, you couldn't build any other system for that price.

I don't know the wiring of the concert system, but I know the Bose goes:
Head unit -> Bose Amp in boot -> speakers in doors/sub under Bose amp

I assume the concert goes:
Head unit -> speakers

So by the sounds of it sounds like an interior strip to put it in. As I said I don't know the wiring of the concert though I am only assuming.