Servicing courtesy wash

So your saying I shouldn't let the dealer touch my car when it gets delivered?
@ScottishS3 - Correct :thumbs up:
Ha ha it will look funny in the unveiling room covered in a fine layer of dust!
This is what my new S4 was like when I collected it -

My Salesperson said altho' unusual to deliver a dirty new car it wasn't his first

I didn't want the satin sheet over it either for the 'big reveal'. The sheet is usually stored in a corner on the floor & will no doubt induce marring on the paintwork me reckons

OCD? Me? Nah ... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

PS This is what my S4 looked like after I'd finished Detailing it -
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...lue-b8-5-audi-s4-black-edition-saloon.247421/

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
My Nardo RS3 was delivered a couple of weeks ago from Sheffield Audi on the back of a transporter.I had asked the guy not to hand wash it but only jet it if he felt the need.On examining it I could see a few light scratches on it(Nardo shows them up)and I said to him.He then brought out a spray can with an old cloth and was about to "wipe the car down".I stopped him at that point and said to him it would be going to the Detailers and would hopefully polish out.He asked what was a "Detailer".
The upshot was I took the car to Gordon at Defined Details Glasgow a week later having not washed it and only doing 20 miles-so no chance of further damage.
Gordon phoned me later in the day to say that there were a couple of deepish bonnet scratches and all round straight across washing scratches.The car needed a one stage machine correction polish to get the scratches out which took over a day before he could start to think about putting the ceramic coating on.
Bottom line is I'm a convert to the school of thought to not let them touch the car.Some light metallics hide the scratches a bit but if you have a flat paint or black you will notice them big time.

Reactions: Scottyg and Spaceman_RS3