DSG!!!!

Marc Thomas

Reaction score
Hello,

I know you must all be bored of this but some guidance would be really appreciated.

54plate (75k) A3 3.2 V6. DSG playing up, car pretty much undriveable.

Error codes: P1707 (mechatronic upper limit reached) P0771 (shift solenoid N92 open or short circuit to ground).

I'm planning on sending it to ECUTesting as they say it's something they may be able to repair. I am just looking for views on:

1) Any comments on the error codes - is this definitely mechatronics failure? Is there any alternative to having the ECU repaired?

2) If so, is this something ECU Testing can usually repair? They understandably give no guarantees over the phone, but I don't want to spend the money on removing the gearbox and transportation if it's something they can't usually deal with, particularly as I've only had the car a month and garage I bought from say they will take it back if I want them to:

3) Is there anything else I should look at having done whilst the gearbox is out?

Thanks

Last edited:
Definitely mechatronics.

Not sure about ECU Testing but have a word with Slaters garage in Nottingham, they seem to have a reasonable reputation online.

Check and replace the DSG flywheel if required and obviously the DSG oil and filter.

Reactions: Marc Thomas
I would give it back to the dealer, straight away. You don't want all this hassle from day 1 and how long will it take/cost to repair? There's plenty of A3's to choose from out there.

Reactions: Marc Thomas
I would give it back to the dealer, straight away. You don't want all this hassle from day 1 and how long will it take/cost to repair? There's plenty of A3's to choose from out there.

I take your point but it is a lovely car otherwise and there's not that many 3 door 3.2's to choose from and very few at my price range. The car has been loved and is in really good nick so I'm really reluctant to give it back.

You could take a gamble and ask for a further discount and have it repaired yourself but DSG/mechatronics problems can be expensive. Just an aftermarket mechatronics repair will be about £600 to£1000. The box itself a lot more.

Reactions: Sayam and Marc Thomas