Help please: Number plate backing on the grill.

Laurie

Reaction score
Hey. I recently bought a genuine black edition grill from ebay for my (non parking sensors) 11 plate S3. Unfortunately it has two parking sensor holes on the number plate backing which couldn't be seen or mentioned in the description. The car is new to me so I didn't even know about this.

Any advice on fixing this?

Thanks

They usually have 4 sensors in the bumper, whether it's front or back bumper. Not sure what you mean by number plate backing.

They usually have 4 sensors in the bumper, whether it's front or back bumper. Not sure what you mean by number plate backing.

I only bought the grill. It's just either side of where the number plate goes.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    478.9 KB · Views: 94
I only bought the grill. It's just either side of where the number plate goes.

Is that an aftermarket or OEM grill?

It doesn't look like it has the removable number plate strip, so you may be out of luck.

Your other option may be to put two parking sensors in, even if you don't use them.

Is that an aftermarket or OEM grill?

It doesn't look like it has the removable number plate strip, so you may be out of luck.

Your other option may be to put two parking sensors in, even if you don't use them.

I was told OEM but it definitely doesn't look removable.

Do what I did, retrofit the full optical park!

Very annoying! I'll have to be more switched on next time or buy from here.
Thanks very much for all your help!

Laurie

See what you mean now. Some trim repairers repair plastics for bumpers and grills, may cost more than buying another used one though. Other option is to retrofit front parking sensors.

Fit a pair of black plastic bungs in the holes. They will look ok.

Reactions: Laurie