Diesel remapping

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
I have heard abit about diesel remapping, although I don't know a great deal about it.

I have heard much the obvious increase in Bhp / Torque and the alleged improved mpg. Can power AND mpg actually both be improved at the same time?

What's the benefits of the plug in boxes such as the DTUK boxes v remains such as Revo and do they effect warranties?

What kind of increases can these boxes and remaps make to the Audi 190 TDi ?

Thanks in advance.

MPG can be improved and so can the overall smoothness of the engine. Stick with the market leaders and recommended tuners in ASN's Sponsors & Traders forum. Going for peak power is not what you want as any kind of remapping will ultimately put extra strain on components, especially the turbo and clutch. A modest remap is what you want and if you tell the Tuning company what you want out of a remap they should fulfil your request.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Ive had my A4 remapped to 210 from 140 thats about the top end before you have to uprate your clutch and turbo the improvement and mpg is very good at around 48/49 to the gallon but go to someone who knows who it tried and tested like i did
Brad

That's alot for a 140 , what torque ?

A 170 maps with dpf out comfortably to 210.

Even figure chasing Darkside developments go up to 185 with a 140 .

Last edited:
I like the fact that DTUK boxes are plug and play and I can remove it when the car goes in for servicing etc.