Dealer Fit iPod Cable problems...

Rodgeri

Reaction score
Hi, I have the dealer fit iPod cable in the newly acquired motor, but cannot seem to get it to work.

It is the lightening lead that sits in the glovebox and disappears behind the changer. The changer and all other bits work fine.
The head unit is an rns-e navigation plus with the 2 sd slots.
I am trying to use an iPod touch 1st gen with the cable.

Thoughts?

The older iPod adapter can have trouble with newer devices - as they were designed to work with the ipods that had the charge pin in a different position on the 30-pin apple connector. I'm guessing it's not actually a small lightening connector but the larger wide one?

The older iPod adapter can have trouble with newer devices - as they were designed to work with the ipods that had the charge pin in a different position on the 30-pin apple connector. I'm guessing it's not actually a small lightening connector but the larger wide one?

Ahh, ok. I will try an older device that I do have hanging around. Thanks for the steer.

Yep :)

That ones not the same brand as the one I had but it was so many years ago my brain can't remember that far back...

Quick update: Brought a Denon iGateway and after 20 mins and a bit if knuckle scraping had IPod functionality and the OEM integrated Handsfree back working as well.

Reactions: Jeebsy