Blue smoke.....help please!!!

Mountfos-s3

Reaction score
i hope someone can help and point me in the right direction. I have noticed lately that when ever I come off boost there seems to b a puff of blue smoke. It's ok when driving normally. Could this be turbo seals and if so how would I check these
Many thanx Matt

Sounds like it is the turbo seals, remove the boost hose to the throttle body, see if there is any oil in it, or you can also remove the tip and pull on the turbo shaft, in and out and up and down, to see if there is excessive movements in the shaft, which points to bearing wear.

You can just swap out the turbo, or have it rebuilt, or if you feel confident, replace the seals yourself, kits are cheap enough, although you wouldn't be able to balance the shaft yourself I'm afraid.

Does it do it at start up? Any when booting it? What's mileage? Blue smoke can also be a sign of valve stem seals going. Obviously check turbo first

It doesn't do it on start up only happens when boosting which makes me think it's turbo related. The car has done 112k '02' plate, didn't get a chance I've the wknd to have a look will try this week at some point