brake bleeding help

dandansmash

Reaction score
Hi, I need a bit of help with the brake system . I fitted new discs and pads on the front with no problem got to the rears and one caliper was seized so had to free it off ,which including removing piston when it came time to bleed brakes , I bleed them old school one person pressing pedal and one opening closing nipple. Pumped it till no air ( as I've done 100 s of times) . Brakes bite ok ,doesn't pull to sides but pedal still travels about half way down and feels weak .so re bleed them today and same. ?????

Also it had new fluid through out 2 weeks ago and was fine pedal I was just waiting on brake parts to arrive.

Car is 2005 2.0 tfsi quattro

Sorry did you say you pumped it, have to ask, you pushed down loosened nipple, tightened nipple, let pedal up, pushed down & so on?

Yeah I've bleed it that way also I pumped pedal held pressure on pedal , them loosened then tightened nipple before releasing brake pedal but it still feels rubbish , but I only bleed the brake I stripped down , because I didn't drain system I only bleed the one caliper I emptied . But I read something about the abs system, should I re bleed all brakes ???

Note * not sure if I've got abs I presume it's standard

Have you operated the handbrake several times? to get the rear pistons adjusted out close to the brake disc.

No I haven't I presumed work the brakes would do that , I'll go try it now