Brake Caliper Covers - S3

DangerS3

Reaction score
How on earth are you supposed to remove them and get them back on without:
1) have it trying to hit you in the face/take your fingers off
2) not damaging your freshly painted calipers

When I took them off it was fine, used a screwdriver and they flew off. But after I had painted the calipers it with nearly impossible to them to go on without scratching all the paint off.

I've had this problem before with my R32, Similiar set-up to the S3's.

Me and my serious OCD this messed me up big time, Got me really annoyed. I done it but still ended up marking them "slightly"

Reactions: grainqey

How many pairs of pliers and how many pairs of hands? lol

I've had this problem before with my R32, Similiar set-up to the S3's.

Me and my serious OCD this messed me up big time, Got me really annoyed. I done it but still ended up marking them "slightly"

Yeah I've butchered one side by getting the hump with it and the other side isn't as bad but still marked them. I'm half tempted not to bother refitting them when I change the brake discs.

Reactions: grainqey
using some kind of masking tape or cloth to protect the calipers?

Haha! Ideally two pairs of hands but it can be done with a pair of hands and a pair of pliers!

Its very hard to manipulate so you'll have to persevere but it can be done by putting one end on and then putting the other end on with pliers - think snub nose pliers are best as needle nose pliers tend to slip on the retaining spring a bit - maybe put masking tape over where the spring actually makes contact then try and get it off after

HTH!