First post! - Replacement unit

deloolney

Reaction score
Hi all,

New Audi owner and so this is my first post here. I've done a little looking around, but it get's pretty confusing regarding this issue below.

I have an SB Quattro Black Ed. A3 which came with the standard built in radio/CD unit...

Hopefully an easy question answered; What unit(s) can I get with SatNav to replace here? I'd prefer genuine Audi units, but if there are some great alternatives out there, I'd also be open to that! Part numbers would be awesome too!

And, is this something that requires a professional installation service/dealer?

Thanks!

The best option if you want oem is an audi rns-e unit. Go for the mk 2 with led screen and media button rather than cd/tv. then you have the iption to add a bluetooth module and keep everything running through your existing controls and dis.

An rsn-e unit would be a straight swap. As long as you have the release keys. If not they are freely available on ebay.

Some people are also having a lot of good responses for the chinese android units.

Just bought one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dynavin-N...978398?hash=item41835ff5de:g:1UQAAOSw91NTtUyO
from the authorised UK agent and fitting it today. Had an older version in my last car and that worked very well.
Cheaper version here that I tried before christmas from Iceboxauto http://www.iceboxauto.com/audi Integrates well with steering wheel controls and DIS but radio struggles to pick up allthe staions an OE one would. Good service from these guys but never could get the reverse camera to work properly despite many phone calls to Rob the tech. It had to go back.
If you want an OE Audi rnse then obviously will cost more, then you have to add bluetooth and have it coded by vcds.

Dynavin unit fitted and all working ok, even the reverse camera. Really pleased with it and even better than the old Dynavins.

Maybe I should have mentioned it's on a 62 plate, does that change anything?

Only, from what Sherv put, these items are applicable up to 2011 models of A3.

Reactions: Sherv
Do you know what shape yours is ? I'm presuming it's an 8P and those units above are fine. The newer shape 8V chassis has a completely different interior.

Haven't a clue how to tell... Anything that can give it away, or a site to use for look up?

Do the head units in the previous posts look like the same shape as what you have fitted ? If so, yours will be an 8p on that year. The 8v has the radio kind of built in with all of the controls down by the handbrake and a screen that comes up from the top of the dash. Just google a3 8p and then 8v. You'll see the difference straight away.