Loud pop then noisy engine???

unclebunt

Reaction score
hiya was on way to work this morning I left my car run for 20min before I left and about 20min into the drive I put my foot down and heard a loud pop, no warning lights came on and now my engine sounds throaty under the bonnet when I accelerate???

I'd check all your intercooler hoses and the TIP for any splits or one could have just popped off.

As a general rule, I didn't think we should start the engine and leave it ticking over for an extended period - I remember reading in the handbook that you should start it and drive off straight away. Sounds like a hose has popped off.

Another vote for a hose popping off.

As a general rule, I didn't think we should start the engine and leave it ticking over for an extended period - I remember reading in the handbook that you should start it and drive off straight away. Sounds like a hose has popped off.
With the weather the way it is right now a warmup is needed as its often not possible to see out of the windows :) 20 mins seems a bit excessive though.

Its illegal to leave a vehicle unattended whilst its running... the offence is called "quitting"

This is why turbo timers are technically illegal to use

<tuffty/>

Any how to advice to see if it's hose I haven't a clue lol

Normally a visual check will suffice and you should be able to see where the pipe has come off.