A3 Rear wiper problem

Hasan

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm sorry if this thread has come up before but I looked and couldn't find it. Today after I did a long run filled up fuel went to start my car again and the rear wiper started to have a mind of its own. I didn't even press the switch and when I did then turned off it would carry on, also during the wipe it stopped in different positions when finished. It was intermittently doing it, does anyone know why this could happen?

Thanks
Haz

Water ingress either from a broken seal on wiper motor or wash jet pipe has popped off. You might not need new motor, the connector might just of rusted instead. Its a pretty cheap fix water the issue is though so no need to worry.

Water ingress either from a broken seal on wiper motor or wash jet pipe has popped off. You might not need new motor, the connector might just of rusted instead. Its a pretty cheap fix water the issue is though so no need to worry.
Ahh ok! I have noticed my rear washer jets don't seem as powerful as it used to, could it be that then

Pop the rear trim off (easy peasy) and then get the washer tube taped up. hopefully its just that, new motor isn't that much though :)

Hi, need a new motor asap before water gets into boot lock switch and sets alarm off intermittently.

@Steven cooper go to the top of the page and under the tabs section, you can send a parts request to mjr901, he'll get you fixed right up or used try the auction site or even a breaker.

I hear what op was saying about pipe, but the inside of these motors corrode real easy and are an issue across the vag group, dont bother with one from the breakers, it will go again and soon, get a new one in and expect to change it again in another 5 years, regard it as a serviceable item.

I hear what op was saying about pipe, but the inside of these motors corrode real easy and are an issue across the vag group, dont bother with one from the breakers, it will go again and soon, get a new one in and expect to change it again in another 5 years, regard it as a serviceable item.
Ok so change the motor you reckon? From the stealership or one from euro car parts be ok?
Thanks Haz

As said put a parts request into mjr901, I got mine from ebay, was the only thing wrong with my car when I first bought her, took the motor assembly apart and tried to fix it, worked for a while and then thought to just put a new one in, the old one had rust and corrosion around the spindel that allowed water in and then flooded the motor electrics and leaked into the boot catch where it can cause alarm issues, thankfully I never had that problem, possibly due to my swift action.
Genuine VALEO Audi A3 A4 A6 Q5 Q7 Rear Wiper Motor Brand New | eBay