2006 2.0TFSI - Rough Idle and Variable Tickover Speed

Desmofan

Reaction score
Looking for some help folks.
A couple of weeks ago my 2006 2.0TFSI Avant started to behave strangely.
Intermittent rough tickover, feels like the whole car is rocking from side to side. Also the tickover speed rises in 200 rpm stages to as much as 2,000 and then falls back to 800 again.
The problem is intermittent - sometimes the idle is quite normal, other times not.
Otherwise it seems to run fine. I thought it could be a dodgy fill of petrol but put super unleaded in it this weekend and it's still the same.
Any pointers would be appreciated. The car is quite driveable but I'm concerned it could do some damage.

Looking for some help folks.
A couple of weeks ago my 2006 2.0TFSI Avant started to behave strangely.
Intermittent rough tickover, feels like the whole car is rocking from side to side. Also the tickover speed rises in 200 rpm stages to as much as 2,000 and then falls back to 800 again.
The problem is intermittent - sometimes the idle is quite normal, other times not.
Otherwise it seems to run fine. I thought it could be a dodgy fill of petrol but put super unleaded in it this weekend and it's still the same.
Any pointers would be appreciated. The car is quite driveable but I'm concerned it could do some damage.