Audi Pano roof problem

royalsteve68

Reaction score
Well my Audi went in for its winter check and another check on the Pano roof rattle and not perfect opening operation, 4th or 5th time I cant remember.

They needed it for longer so I rebooked it a week later. They've found the fault and it needs a new frame (£2000 part).

At least the dealer have swapped me out of the crappy A1 sportback (I always seem to get crap courtesy cars) and now in a much better Q5. Not a patch on my S3 though.

Not happy with Audi at all though. This is not something that should happen on a premium brand car

I have only done 8500 miles in 20 months and I reckon the car has been in the garage more than ive driven it

Issues so far, not all Audi's fault of course
1) Had to take it back after 5 mins as the sound deadening in one of the wheels arches had come away

2) Some moron in a 4x4 drove into it on the motorway in slow (5-10mph) moving traffic after 1.5 days ownership. Not Audis fault but it took a month to get repaired due to the worse than hopeless sytnerdrive

3) Wing mirror failure - new passenger side wing mirror replaced

4) B & O stereo crackling issues - not fixed as supposedly due to the sample rate? who knows

5) Pano roof rattle - 4-5th time its been in to fix - finally getting sorted

6) Battery drain problem - probably lack of use, lots of kit and aftermarket car cameras don't help

7) Bumper scrapped by moron driving doing a dukes of hazard style manovouvre in a small carpark - only mine and his car there. Moron drove off. Too dark and too close to see numberplate on cameras. Likely a staff parent or taxi driver. Scum. Luckily only a £125 fix

Car is still great though

I can see the appeal of the Q5 though. Handy for lugging stuff and despite its bigger size I find its easier to park than the S3 (because the S3 is lower, has high sills and a low roof)

Last edited:
Well my Audi went in for its winter check and another check on the Pano roof rattle and not perfect opening operation, 4th or 5th time I cant remember.

They needed it for longer so I rebooked it a week later. They've found the fault and it needs a new frame (£2000 part).

At least the dealer have swapped me out of the crappy A1 sportback (I always seem to get **** courtesy cars) and now in a much better Q5. Not a patch on my S3 though
Where was the rattle coming from mate ?? what area of the roof ??

Sounds like a familiar tale of woe. Although I've skipped on the Pano roof.
Remember, Audi may be a premium name but In the pursuit of increased sales, you are buying a mass produced car from a mass producing manufacturer.

I have found that most things get sorted eventually but the customer service is very much 3rd rate.

As you have said though, a great car in many ways just a bit flawed in many others.
Anyway, random rant over. (First for 2016) :welcoming:
Has the roof rattle been fixed ? Some on here have had to grease the seals or something like that.
As for the B&O I read somewhere that it will be fixed with the Apple play (Car play?) setup on the face lift but the rest of us have to lump it.

Mine has just come back from Audi after having the pano roof replaced because a crack was found. First of all they said it would take 2 weeks that quickly escalated to five weeks so hope your luck is better than mine.

Interesting... Wife 8P had a Pano roof and car got driven into in a car park. Audi repaired bumper and baked new paint in oven. For 2 years the roof rattled off and on and eventually a new roof was stuck in. Essentially we think the accident repair and cooking in oven broke the seal between pan roof and bodywork and in certain conditions it rattled. Bodyshop finally sorted just before we sold the car.