How do you know if you have the sports exhaust ?

Nickyc

Reaction score
Seems obvious, but we havent picked it up yet. A cancelled order, but on the audi website it mentions the dynamic pack. But on the actual dealerships website its not mentioned. Is there a button on the dash for it, as my dad said there was a button.

What i meant was, i thought you could adjust the standard exhaust too in drive select. So how do you differentiate or know if you have the sports exhaust fitted, especially it being the first time he had test drove one ? Your help would be much appreciated

The dynamic pops and bangs a lot and has a much deeper tone when you select dynamic mode.

Reactions: Nickyc
Not without climbing under the car. You could ask the dealer what all the spec codes for the car are. If you have WBO, then you have the dynamic pack.

Ask them in person and see. Both will change the sound in drive select but the dynamic one will be alot louder.

If it has dynamic pack it will also have mag ride so the suspension will be adjustable in the menu so that will be a tell tale sign.

Reactions: RGBARGEE and Nickyc
its easy to spot the difference if you just stick your head under one of the tail pipes. where the single pipe branches into two (just before the chrome tips) there is a small interconnecting metal tube/pipe in-between the two pipes. If you have this connecting tube/pipe, you have sports exhaust. If not then its the standard one.

Oh, and then theres the fact that sports is loud as **** :haha:

Hope this helps

Reactions: RYuill
So if the option has auto, comfort, dynamic as a suspension setting in individual you have the dynamic pack? This demo car i have for a few days has that but it has a standard exhaust.

So if the option has auto, comfort, dynamic as a suspension setting in individual you have the dynamic pack? This demo car i have for a few days has that but it has a standard exhaust.
Thats made me more confused. It could have the magnetic ride but not the exhaust ?

Might be this mishmash that is given to the dealers but from comfort to dynamic suspension it is completely different and the exhaust note is still loud but I have nothing to compare it to

Anyone can spec the mag ride on its own. Sports exhaust can only be bought in dynamic pack.

Reactions: RYuill
OP is getting confused between dynamic pack, mag ride and sports exhaust, and the dynamic setting in the driving modes. Every RS3 will have dynamic mode but not all will have dynamic pack ;)

TX.

Not confused, just need to establish if it does actually have the sports exhaust. As you can spec the mag ride, as mentioned if it has this it can still have the standard exhaust. And without ever hearing either standard or sports exhaust yet, then the only way to know is to look underneath the tailpipes as mentioned and check for the interconnecting tube between the two endpipes that go to each tailpipe

Reactions: tektrob