Retrofit Nav in S-Line 8V 2013

RGBARGEE

Reaction score
Have just sold wife's 15 A3 in anticipation of picking up my RS3 in March.

I am buying the above A3 as a spare car and it doesn't have SD Nav. What is the best/cheapest way of fitting this.. I believe it's just an SD card and code. Audi want £800!!!

Normally it comes in at around £500 from Audi and that is bad enough! £800 just made me choke on my tea!!

Only really two options available:
  • via an Audi dealer. Cost should be no more than £499 really. Need to do some calling around as some dealers are clearly taking the mickey with their pricing.
  • Find a dealer who is willing to complete the install with a new and unused card sourced by yourself (eBay etc). Some dealers will do this and only charge the labour.

I seriously give up with this "£500 just for an SD card" rubbish.

You're not just paying for an SD card, you're paying for the nav data, software and licence required to use it, which costs money to produce! It's like complaining about the price Microsoft charges for Windows or Office because "it's just a CD and that costs peanuts".

Whether £500 is worth it or not is up to each person to decide for themselves. Sure you could get a Tomtom or whatever for far less but it's not comparable as it's not an integrated system. Audi obviously have development and licensing costs to cover, and then add a healthy markup. At the end of the day they'll sell it for whatever the market will stand.

Reactions: mjcourtney
The cost of just an SD Card from Audi, well my dealer, is £350. Still not worth the money in my eyes but having integrated nav makes the car more saleable when the time comes, and saves on having to have extra box's / wires hanging off your windows / dash which you have to remove and hide every time you park up.

Reactions: RGBARGEE
All off now. Person planning to buy 15 plate Cod Sline has backed out. May just hang on to it as well as RS.