Unlocking my car

Techen

Reaction score
So, Lately I've been having trouble locking and unlocking my car. I have two keys and both suffer from it. Sometimes I have to press unlock and lock or lock and unlock to get it to do anything....

I can see the red LED on the remote light up everything I push it but sometimes it works first time and sometimes it takes me like 4-5 presses of the button.

No doubt am going to sound stupid and it's going to be both batteries in the remotes are rubbish or something but I donno, Like I said, They do work or they take a few good pushes.

Any ideas? There was a code up saying something about a key but after clearing it and running my car it's never came back so I donno.

Easiest and cheapest way to rule out the key is to change the batteries.

Sounds awful to change them then...

Not really, but damn awkward for me and besides this sort of job is a bit below my capabilities.
Wifey works for Tesco that has a Timpsons on site + Wifey gets !0% discount. Every Little Helps.:sm4:

Cheers Soot, Will try new batts and hopefully thats it :D

They can also point the key at a test receiver and see if the key sends a signal out, doesn't mean it's the Right signal, just that it does transmit. With your problem ask them to press the buttons several times to see if it works everytime.

I had issues with unlocking the car, it would lock and pop the boot but wouldn't unlock the car, changed the battery and it worked perfectly

New battery did the trick, Opens so far away with no issues. I just used a CD removal key, Pushed it in and twisted it. Popped the shell off no issues, Cheers guys

There you go, and I saved you a £70 diagnosis bill.

Reactions: saq85