rear wiper activating by itself once switched off

leecool

Reaction score
Hi there guys, een having a recent issue with my rear wiper activating after having just used it and switched it off. It will make approx 4 or 5 passes then stop in the middle of the window. Could it be the motor not grounding properly or the wiper stalk malfunctioning? Anyone had this happen and solved it?
Many thanks and a merry Xmas in advance!

Could be a leaky wiper motor, hence acting up, remove the bootlid cover trim to check for brown staining.

Fit new wiper motor common problem on vag vehicles. Had mine in bits and rebuilt it, lasted a month and played up again, just replace it, be careful, as it may be passing water into the rear boot lock motor and then start setting off your alarm at night when you want your shut eye.

Fit new wiper motor common problem on vag vehicles. Had mine in bits and rebuilt it, lasted a month and played up again, just replace it, be careful, as it may be passing water into the rear boot lock motor and then start setting off your alarm at night when you want your shut eye.

Ha Ha, yes, was a favourte trick of a Golf Mk. 4 I had long ago. Rear washer tube was popping off inside the hatch.

I'm having this problem with my A3 TDI. And i've had to my boot catch replaced because water had been leaking on to it. I now just do not use my rear wiper. Should i just disconnect it ? If so how is the easiest way ?

I'm having this problem with my A3 TDI. And i've had to my boot catch replaced because water had been leaking on to it. I now just do not use my rear wiper. Should i just disconnect it ? If so how is the easiest way ?
You could leave it as it is. I de-activated a friends Mk5 golf 54 plate rear wiper using VCDS, maybe its possible on your car.

I was going to leave it, but every now and it activates itself and then stops halfway. I'm finding it annoying

Ha Ha, yes, was a favourte trick of a Golf Mk. 4 I had long ago. Rear washer tube was popping off inside the hatch.

Hi thanks for the feedback guys, one question, how do you get the freakin cover off the inside of the boot????
cheers

There are a couple of caps that pop off, pop them off and you can get your fingers in there to get some leverage, take the two screws out I think from memory and then pull with a bit of heavy leverage and the pop in metal clips will pop out one at a time being careful to retrieve each clip if it falls out.

Right! has anyone refitted a new rear wiper motor? The ****** pipe split when removing it from the old motor nipple , should have just changed the case lid over doh! Anyway if I cut the split piece of pipe off I'm left with approx 1 inch of smooth pipe to work with. Do I lube the new motor nipple & use a heatgun to soften the plastic pipe? Any tips welcome!
cheers & merry xmas guys.
20151218 125708

Yeah just snip it off and push back on, could use a bit of butter wd40 grease or any other slippery stuff that comes to hand pardon the pun.