Peeling Handbrake swtich?

matts1

Reaction score
Noticed that the brushed chrome tip to the handbrake switch is peeling off, car is only a just over a year old, anyone else had this?

Guessing Audi aren't going to sort under warranty? ANd guessing it will be a nightmare job to change the switch?

Mine has developed a slightly catchy edge on the chrome recently, if that makes any sense. It's 2 years old. I haven't got round to asking a dealer about it yet.

So sorry not to have useful info, but you're not the only one.

Probably wont be a warranty job, wear and tear to them! Have covered 22k in mine and haven't noticed this as an issue yet!

Good news, a colleague had the exact same problem. Audi repaired under warranty although it was a bit of a fight. Car was 9 months old.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: matts1
Cheers mate, will give it a go when it is in for the service, I am the second owner but hopefully still makes no difference.

thought I would update, dropped the car in for a service and noted the peeling switch to which they said they would take a look. When collecting the car they said it is a warranty issue and is booked in to be replaced in a couple of weeks time.

Reactions: Wondering Soul