What Alcantara Protector do I use?

SW14NY'S

YOLO - FISH
Reaction score
I have on order a new S3 in Brilliant Black and the interior option I have gone for is Alcantara/Leather in Lunar Silver.

Question is:
What's the best product to use for protecting the Alcantara?

I've read 'GTechniq I1 Smart Fabric' is a good protector....Has anyone used this?

3eeda134d6a09afaa414fd15ebd92c81.jpg

Last edited:
Had my two day old lunar interior treated by pro detailer as part of full detail and that is what he used , so guess gtechniq smart fabric is as good a choice as any. He also treated the leather with L1 ....

Had my two day old lunar interior treated by pro detailer as part of full detail and that is what he used , so guess gtechniq smart fabric is as good a choice as any. He also treated the leather with L1 ....
Is that your S3 on YouTube? Detailed by Offset Detailing?

I was nervous that it would be too white. Actually it is a little more subtle, and looks really classy with a dark exterior I have the ILP and love walking up to it in the dark and plipping it and see the interior light up. The lunar looks really ace then
Thks btw , I love it....

Cool....I have the ILP as well but I've opted for the black headlining.
This is my 2nd S3 I've ordered as my last one has just arrived at the dealers with BLACK interior they screwed up my order!

I use Nanolex leather & upholstery sealant. It can be used on alcantara too. Very pleased with results.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and SW14NY'S
Yip great replies...Gtechniq/Nanolex.....Awesome kit...cant go wrong getting either

Reactions: SW14NY'S
Hey SWAINY..lol..stick with full Nappa then ye cannot go wrong...l personlly think Alacantara is best left to any other covering barring the one ye sit your buttocks on,as after a while it get's thiner/tierd looking...but only my from my own experience

Hey SWAINY..lol..stick with full Nappa then ye cannot go wrong...l personlly think Alacantara is best left to any other covering barring the one ye sit your buttocks on,as after a while it get's thiner/tierd looking...but only my from my own experience
Lol....Ive had Alcantara in both my TT's and it still looked like new, current TT has only done 5k mind you....I just find Leather really cold in the Winter

Reactions: Jassyo06
Lol....Ive had Alcantara in both my TT's and it still looked like new, current TT has only done 5k mind you....I just find Leather really cold in the Winter
Heated Bowl moving, heated seats as standard mate...lol

Reactions: THQuattro and SW14NY'S
I was nervous that it would be too white. Actually it is a little more subtle, and looks really classy with a dark exterior I have the ILP and love walking up to it in the dark and plipping it and see the interior light up. The lunar looks really ace then
Thks btw , I love it....
How's the Lunar interior holding up mate? Experienced any stains appearing or dye transfers yet? .....still nervous about the colour and I pick mine up tomorrow

No problem. Was treated with gtechniq smart fabric and no issues.
Someome sat in it and there was a grubby mark., it wiped off no problem with damp cloth. Really loving it.
Blipping at night and seeing the interior light up , the lunar looks really classy. I would spec again ..nuff said ?

No problem. Was treated with gtechniq smart fabric and no issues.
Someome sat in it and there was a grubby mark., it wiped off no problem with damp cloth. Really loving it.
Blipping at night and seeing the interior light up , the lunar looks really classy. I would spec again ..nuff said ?
Excellent just what I wanted to hear mine goes in tomorrow night for CQuartz Ceramic and the Gtechniq so you've put my mind at ease