Not feeling the love for the S3 steering wheel

Wish the wheel was alcantara

Reactions: Rob2k68
Wish the wheel was alcantara

NO !!!!
I had a R8 GT wheel before the rs5 wheel which was full alcantara
ec0a87f4855dc69d526f3baee2c4a2f6.jpg
f82ec209f26ff4b3d5ce9c2af2a38adc.jpg

I didn't keep it long, they don't last long, due to holding the wheel in the same place all the time causes wear VERY quickly !!! Then they look a mess

Reactions: PanamaS3 and WarwickL
This thread has became wheely good !!

Reactions: Matthew_S3, pburv, Jassyo06 and 3 others
S3 wheel is too thin and doesnt give enough grip.
Not a huge problem, but could be better.

New RS3 wheel is quite nice.

I preferred my S3 steering wheel to the Alcantra one in the new R8 V10 plus.....each to their own

Reactions: Simon L
Upload 2015 11 30 22 33 5

Sorted... I'd just prefer one that doesn't give me a pain in my hand....

Reactions: mfl, Jassyo06, Simon L and 1 other person
I have an alcantara wheel in my out going Mini JCW. 33K to date and it hasn't worn yet.

I have an alcantara wheel in my out going Mini JCW. 33K to date and it hasn't worn yet.

There is the same car sitting at the local BMW dealer up the road - the wheel looks like it is a well worn dogs toy (the alcantara). Speedo said 25,000 km on the clock.

Wife was toying with the idea of getting it a few months back. Car still hasn't sold.

Mines a Clubman (not many of them about). Must be my soft hands...

I prefer perforated leather wheels, was a bit disappointed the S3 came with a smooth one.

:sign unfair:

Wow, what an attack on a member for expressing his preference - or not - about a piece of equipment on his car.
No wonder he stopped posting at Entry Number 18.

:slapped:

Attack ??????
Just other members expressing there preferences

Reactions: WarwickL
:sign unfair:

Wow, what an attack on a member for expressing his preference - or not - about a piece of equipment on his car.
No wonder he stopped posting at Entry Number 18.

:slapped:
General consensus is everyone likes/loves the S3 steering,,the said member, is always moaning about his car constantly for the silliest reasons,it gets a tad tiresome after awhile

Reactions: batch, WarwickL and Simon L
I like my steering wheel like my women.....with a flat bottom and curvy top :)
Anyway...you're supposed to have it in dynamic all the time where you don't need to turn it much to go round corners :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
I like my steering wheel like my women.....with a flat bottom and curvy top :)
Anyway...you're supposed to have it in dynamic all the time where you don't need to turn it much to go round corners :)

I don't think dynamic steering changes how fast the steering becomes but rather just increases the steering effort and killing any feel so I think your point is moot.

I have to I find nothing to fault with S3 steering wheel, I have to admit, I liked the wheel in my mk6 GTI better, due to the slightly thicker rim - but talk about splitting hairs.

2010-volkswagen-golf-gti-european-spec-steering-wheel-and-instrument-cluster-photo-229929-s-1280x782.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06
I have to I find nothing to fault with S3 steering wheel, I have to admit, I liked the wheel in my mk6 GTI better, due to the slightly thicker rim - but talk about splitting hairs.

2010-volkswagen-golf-gti-european-spec-steering-wheel-and-instrument-cluster-photo-229929-s-1280x782.jpg
Very nice the red stitching makes the difference,it's very similar in style to my RCZ alcantara sports steering not the cush though

I don't think dynamic steering changes how fast the steering becomes but rather just increases the steering effort and killing any feel so I think your point is moot.
I think you need to buy yourself a new steering wheel and stop posting stupid threads before you do that

Reactions: WarwickL, Simon L and Jassyo06
I don't really care for the D-shape wheel either, it's gimmicky at best.

Which is probably why the S6, S7, and S8 all use a full round wheel and not a little D-shaped wheel.

I don't really care for the D-shape wheel either, it's gimmicky at best.

Which is probably why the S6, S7, and S8 all use a full round wheel and not a little D-shaped wheel.

The rs models are just gimmicks then

red flag...red rag.....now you've gone and done it!

You cant reinvent the wheel....can you ?

You want to think yourself lucky you don't have one of these............

Austin Allegro Interior with Quartic steering wheel

Reactions: Jassyo06, PanamaS3, mfl and 3 others
compared to the 8p s3 steering wheels which felt like bone i love the new s3 steering wheel coming from m3s with fat steering wheels to grab they are great im glad audi have upped the steering wheel game.

Reactions: WarwickL
Reactions: Jassyo06, PanamaS3 and WarwickL
I think you need to buy yourself a new steering wheel and stop posting stupid threads before you do that

This not what we are about, any one has a right to their own opinion,

Reactions: veeeight
This not what we are about, any one has a right to their own opinion,

Seems Panama is following your suggestion - posting his opinion .....

He and others didn't censor the thread so all is well with the world :)

Must say though, complaining about the D shape, the stitching and the handgrip bulges is all after the event. It can also be remedied if it is such a big issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06 and PanamaS3
I love everything about the car except the turbo lag and that steering wheel but that doesn't mean I wont buy it!

All cars come with downsides so it's just a matter of finding a car with more pros than cons.
This is absolutely right, and something so many keyboard warriors on this forum seem to forget... There IS NO PERFECT CAR... ARE YOU READING THIS?

Reactions: PanamaS3