What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

Stupidly when l ordered 1 litre of C2v3 back in January, l forgot all about the Gyeon Cure or l would have got it to go with the crystal cerum light and EX03, but got some now, l just think gyeon Cure gives a higher gloss finish than C2v3
It's up to you mate both are good products
I'm not sure if C2V3 is engineered to work best with their ceramic coatings, or would another detailing spray work even better. I suppose a bit of trail and error is the best way to find out.....or spend an hour or two on DW and get my head in a complete spin!! Hopefully get something ordered in a bank holiday discount event.

@jassyo06 @Bristle Hound my A4 has Gtechniq Ultra ceramic coating and is due a detailer spray. I was told to use C2V3 presumably as its from the same manufacturer. Reading what James noted above, do you think its OK to use another spray that is better rated?
@SPIKE_S1 - Can't see it being a problem TBH
Plenty of products out there & each of us have our own fave's
Not a bad idea to stick with the same manufacturer tho'

No recommends from me as @jassyo06 will only disagree & come back with Gyeon Cure (again!) lol

Reactions: Jassyo06, SPIKE_ and NevMan
@SPIKE_S1 - Can't see it being a problem TBH
Plenty of products out there & each of us have our own fave's
Not a bad idea to stick with the same manufacturer tho'

No recommends from me as @jassyo06 will only disagree & come back with Gyeon Cure (again!) lol

LOL............Now you mention it,l used some cure today,its a bit grabby initially even on freshly polished paint....but soon disperse's and leaves a great finish some person had splattered my car with terracotta red wooden fence.....ie a work mates wife, as l leave my car in his driveway....he's got the works van......and she decided to paint her garden fence which is about 4 ft away from car,luckily for me Scholl S40 with my mini rotary polisher removed it all from the door mirrors,high gloss parts of the A/C pillars,tops of the doors and parts of the roof.............l could have committed a crime really...........thick as.......... she is a stupid woman,thoughtless more like

Reactions: NevMan and Bristle Hound
LOL............Now you mention it,l used some cure today,its a bit grabby initially even on freshly polished paint....but soon disperse's and leaves a great finish some person had splattered my car with terracotta red wooden fence.....ie a work mates wife, as l leave my car in his driveway....he's got the works van......and she decided to paint her garden fence which is about 4 ft away from car,luckily for me Scholl S40 with my mini rotary polisher removed it all from the door mirrors,high gloss parts of the A/C pillars,tops of the doors and parts of the roof.............l could have committed a crime really...........thick as.......... she is a stupid woman,thoughtless more like

Wow I be raging if someone got paint on the car lucky you got it off and sorted It out bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06
Wow I be raging if someone got paint on the car lucky you got it off and sorted It out bud

yeah I did do a impersonation of the HULK......when l got home...............lol

Reactions: Audib5fan
does she want a job?

Reactions: Jassyo06
@jassyo06 - Like & unlike in one post
:wtf: mate ! It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people can be
At least you were able to sort it with nothing more than inconvenience to you

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Audib5fan

****** hell!!! ‍♂️Good to got it sorted

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Audib5fan
Bought sample of car pro reload and now I’m gonna get full size bottle as made car look great

Reactions: V6_Man, Bristle Hound and Jassyo06
Have jumped on the “scientific” detailing spray bandwagon

Attachments

• 0A6D0CF5-D64C-4725-8E5D-586F52D33415.png
    0A6D0CF5-D64C-4725-8E5D-586F52D33415.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 283
Reactions: Bristle Hound, Audib5fan and Radford212
Autogleam 0ppm filter and incredimitt From DW. Looking forward to final rinse with no water marks

So did a quick:

- pre rinse
- autobrite snow foam
- alloy clean
- rinse
- wash with autoglym shampoo & conditioner using incredimitt
- rinse
- final rinse with aquagleam 0ppm filter
- air dry

No water marks after an hour but not fully dried

4ba8d0fdb5c19a68b2ba063034dc2667.jpg

8e1e1aef5a79b87f5c8ddba9a602baaf.jpg

ce12c8dd199359c31839015fa743ce42.jpg

Reactions: V6_Man, Bristle Hound, scotty76 and 2 others
These for just under £15
Always wondered if these are any good, cheap though I suppose so good if going to ruin them (ie, exhaust tip cleaning).

Over the weekend I went and bought Gyeon Q2M Silk Dryer 900x700mm ... maybe could have gone for the smaller size :)

IMG 20180428 163652

Reactions: Audib5fan
So did a quick:

- pre rinse
- autobrite snow foam
- alloy clean
- rinse
- wash with autoglym shampoo & conditioner using incredimitt
- rinse
- final rinse with aquagleam 0ppm filter
- air dry

No water marks after an hour but not fully dried

4ba8d0fdb5c19a68b2ba063034dc2667.jpg

8e1e1aef5a79b87f5c8ddba9a602baaf.jpg

ce12c8dd199359c31839015fa743ce42.jpg

And a further hour later, still not 100% dry (summer and all that, not quite)

3c385538f524711c882aa26ff0c93f96.jpg

e3d0b9002c1071f6ee955b2e56922cc6.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06, V6_Man and Bristle Hound
Reactions: V6_Man and NevMan
And a further hour later, still not 100% dry (summer and all that, not quite)

3c385538f524711c882aa26ff0c93f96.jpg

e3d0b9002c1071f6ee955b2e56922cc6.jpg

I was about to ask what did you mean by air dry as I only let my laundry air dry . I thought you had one of those blowers to air dry the car.

Reactions: NevMan
I was about to ask what did you mean by air dry as I only let my laundry air dry . I thought you had one of those blowers to air dry the car.

Haha, funny enough I do have a blower, but this was an experiment to see if water (0ppm) was left on car that it would dry without water marks.

But even trying with microfibre is SO quick, I will do that most of the time - or use blower

Reactions: V6_Man
I know you have asked BH but I wash all MF towels on a 40* wash and dry cycle and then let them air dry for few hours. I have also tried just wash (40*), air dry and then a 40* dry cycle in the washing machine and I have found the latter to work better.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I know you have asked BH but I wash all MF towels on a 40* wash and dry cycle and then let them air dry for few hours. I have also tried just wash (40*), air dry and then a 40* dry cycle in the washing machine and I have found the latter to work better.

I wash all my towels/drying towels by hand with a mild washing liquid, then let them dry with aid of a fan heater for about a hour then let them dry naturally on a clothes horse in the conservatory l never mix cloths in a wash ie drying towel with buffing cloths etc
But a tumble dryer is the best way to dry them by far

Reactions: V6_Man
What is your washing method? Haven’t done this before so interested to hear what you say!
@SPIKE_S1 @S32B - I always wash my MF's on a 40 degree C wash with Fairy non bio liquid
Then dry 'em off in the tumble dryer

In my experience those Costco MF's do hold a bit of dye, so just bear that in mind for the 1st couple of washes

Reactions: S32B and V6_Man
Muppet...... Lol
lol, will give a go until I can get round to ceramic coating, which I may do in the summer, as my neighbour has agreed to let me have access to his double garage for a week. Going to go over car with fine tooth comb. Trying to build up the courage to buy a DA polisher, but hand polishing will have to do for now

Last edited:
500ml reload came today along with some paint chip stuff

lol, will give a go until I can get round to ceramic coating, which I may do in the summer, as my neighbour has agreed to let me have access to his double garage for a week. Going to go over car with fine tooth comb. Trying to build up the courage to buy a DA polisher, but hand polishing will have to do for now

Don’t worry @jassyo06 is the real muppet lol

@jassyo06 hey, I'm still a fan of that green!

Just washed my car quickly, started chucking it down for 10 minutes while I was rinsing off the snow foam -.- (been nice all day until then!)

I was very impressed with the Gyeon Q2M Silk Dryer towel, super absorbent. I've only got the Kent extra large towel to compare it to but it was more absorbant and didn't leave as much fluff behind.

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
@jassyo06 hey, I'm still a fan of that green!

Just washed my car quickly, started chucking it down for 10 minutes while I was rinsing off the snow foam -.- (been nice all day until then!)

I was very impressed with the Gyeon Q2M Silk Dryer towel, super absorbent. I've only got the Kent extra large towel to compare it to but it was more absorbant and didn't leave as much fluff behind.
Kent products are OK if you're not really into detailing, a good drying towel saves you time and effort so paying the extra pays off

Reactions: Audib5fan, NevMan and oli356
Last thing for a while now - Honest!

41En%2BOgzbZL.jpg

For the ever growing collection.

Used a few BH products in the past which have all been very good. But not auto-wheel.

Reactions: scotty76, V6_Man, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Just about to bung in an order from Slims for:

Detailing bag - for my forced rotation polisher
Carpro Eraser - Time to use a proper panel wipe instead of an IPA mix
Koch Chemie FSE - I like they way it can remove water spots, gotta try it, and add to my massive list of QDs (wonder what it will be like with BSD lol)
Spur pad brush - Again, time to do it properly instead of a terry towel
CGs Wheel Wash Mitt
CGs Stripper Scent - ooo errr

Time to stop spending now lol....or not :thumbs up:

CGs Stripper Scent - ooo errr

Have you tried it before, is it any good? I know these things are personal choice but when I ordered by CG New Smell from In2Detailing I thought about orderings that one as well.

I have been using CG New Car Smell for the last 3 years and love it!

Last edited:
dcdd6b7082ff168d1aa26d344e561b1f.jpg

Reactions: scotty76, Jassyo06 and Audib5fan
Perl is good has many uses put some on tyres earlier

my go to for tyres, doesnt last overly long but not too shiny, just right

Reactions: Jassyo06, Audib5fan and V6_Man