Off the shelf big turbo kits for the s3?

sliced

Drive safe, stay alive.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

just looking around, can't seem to find much info on big turbo kits for the s3 8V at the moment, I've seen a few tte builds but not much else.
Could someone point me in the correct direction?

Hi guys,

just looking around, can't seem to find much info on big turbo kits for the s3 8V at the moment, I've seen a few tte builds but not much else.
Could someone point me in the correct direction?

we have seen some hybrid turbos,but big turbo kit not now.

look at this link.

http://www.hgp-turbo.de/vw-golf-vii-r.html

peak power acclaimed is 450ps and near 600nm.

we don't know the limits of internal parts in th CJX engine, some say 450 and others 500ps.

regards

their are a few out their you have TTE 450, LOBA-0462,VRS Northampton do their own one, Turboload do one also

APR has one to be released soon

Reactions: sliced
It's all about software. Without software the hardware won't do anything. This is why it's the software guys putting together the BT kits.

I think that for really high power applications,your biggest problem is going to be the integrated head/exhaust manifold,as that will restrict things at some point.

Of course,as has already been said,there are hybrids such as the TTE and so on,and APR will release a bolt on kit based on a Borg-Warner turbo soon,but most these are unlikely to go much beyond 500bhp.
The best way forward for anyone thinking of this sort of thing is to decide first of all how much power is going to be enough,and then begin to plan from there,as it's very easy to waste money on projects like this.

Software of course is very important,and I would say that a WMI kit would also be very useful,but those are easy to fit and map.

This is easy to say,but unless VAG have significantly uprated the internals of the new engine,the safe limits for the internals would likely be around 440-450lbs.
It will be torque that kills the engine,not bhp.

Reactions: sliced and PanamaS3
Revo hybrid running 450 ish but I believe they are changing the turbo again