Any news on the Buckets?

nervus

Reaction score
Any furrther iformation from anybody? I can't find any information on the bucket seat option rumoured to be available in Germany.

Mine is going into bulid in January and will be gutted if these become available after that time.

Should be available this month...
But probably delayed again, to be presented next march with all other news.

Haven't you been saying that for some time now! Truth is no one knows.

TX.

Reactions: RGBARGEE and jimojameso
No doubt they will be available the week after mine goes into build...

Reactions: Terminator x
Haven't you been saying that for some time now! Truth is no one knows.

TX.

I remember AUDI said end of year for ceramics and buckets.
Now, end of year, without any news, builds going faster... we know nothing, but are things to consider.

To be honest, when the buckets were first brought to my attention i had to have them. But looking at them they arent all that special. They are nowhere near a comparison for the old buckets. Wish i could keep the ones in my RS4 and put them in my new RS3!!

Buy a pair of used recaro sc, take them over to these guys (their work is meant to be outstanding) :

http://www.transcal.co.uk/

Job done!

Can see the final product being of higher quality and cheaper too

So after chats with my dealer this afternoon he stated buckets were scheduled for Q4/Q1, as @asport said, but just less antagonistic, unlike @asport.

He also said facelift is not confirmed for RS3, but inevitably tweaks will come (such as SD nav added recently).

He also beamed RS3 + when I joked about trading it in in a few years time... I think we all look forward any news on the + front - but of course nothing confirmed at the mo...

Reactions: RGBARGEE
If a + ever did appear then surely we could just get an approved upgrade?

TX.

Reactions: RGBARGEE
So after chats with my dealer this afternoon he stated buckets were scheduled for Q4/Q1, as @asport said, but just less antagonistic, unlike @asport.

He also said facelift is not confirmed for RS3, but inevitably tweaks will come (such as SD nav added recently).

He also beamed RS3 + when I joked about trading it in in a few years time... I think we all look forward any news on the + front - but of course nothing confirmed at the mo...

;)

Reactions: Right&Glory and Kelza
If a + ever did appear then surely we could just get an approved upgrade?

TX.

I'm not too savvy on the approved upgrade front, and on reflection his smile when mentioning the + could just have been a reflection of how mental that product would be, rather than a signal to it's likelihood...

If the facelift (or plus) has a front diff on offer, buckets and comes in a saloon body, I'll have another try.

An ABT kit is apparently on the way to beef up the styling...
I don't even know what that stands for but the Bristol sales guy said it was pricey, Audi approved and provides the aggression some people want from the car...

Thoughts/anyone else aware..?

My original order had the buckets, and that was a confirmed week 10 build

I gave up and just bought an identical spec car without them

Once they're finally available, if I can still be bothered I'll just order as spare parts

My original order had the buckets, and that was a confirmed week 10 build

Are you not getting confused with super sport seats being called buckets on the order sheet? As far as I am aware they aren't appearing as options yet as their release isn't confirmed?

I'm from Australia so maybe different spec

My car has the super sport seats (manual adjustment quilted/perforated) stock

These are the buckets

63b87af67e22591c963f7343cf261ee5.jpg

Reactions: RGBARGEE, Spaceman_RS3, Terminator x and 1 other person
That's the weird thing they are already available in other countries (not aware of anyone who has a car with them yet though) just not the UK!

TX.

Yeah it's a bit like the carbon inserts, released eventually... worth the wait!!!

they are nice, but no back adjustment... thats a showstopper for me and daily comfort!

*** - Why are they not available here and now. If they dont release them before my build i'm cancelling, stamping my feet and holding my breath until I die...

Reactions: Ashbrummy and Terminator x
*** - Why are they not available here and now. If they dont release them before my build i'm cancelling, stamping my feet and holding my breath until I die...
Well said nervus a lot of talk about November time but still a no show ,probably if at all next year ..

Reactions: nervus