Stock WHP

For anyone interested car made 179whp in stock form, and 221whp after remap.

do you have the corresponding flywheel BHP too?

did you only get a stage 1 map I thought BAM and AMK could only make 265 max on stage1 - but that post remap WHP as a proportion would mean you would be at around 280BHP flywheel doesn't it?

179 whp / 225 bhp= 0.79
221 whp / 280 bhp = 0.79

or is the BHP to WHP loss not a linear ratio?

also don't they do an S3 Quattro Dyno run on FWD only? doesn't that carry some extra drag somehow, with all the extra "stuff" not turning but still there.

The dyno operator said its pointless to speculate on flywheel HP, the dyno is a 4wd brake dyno which measures power at the wheels.
At a guess I'd say its prob around 260-270 but no way of knowing unless the engine was taken out and put on a dyno lol.

Drag is drag hence measuring losses to get a flywheel figure... whp is also whp... its measured... more drag = less whp but measured drag = consistent flywheel figures which take into account the amount WHP came differ from run to run as things loosen up..

<tuffty/>

The dyno operator said its pointless to speculate on flywheel HP, the dyno is a 4wd brake dyno which measures power at the wheels.
At a guess I'd say its prob around 260-270 but no way of knowing unless the engine was taken out and put on a dyno lol.

Guessing his dyno doesn't measure coast down to give an accurate flywheel figure... each dyno is a little different... pointless speculating on a flywheel figure if the dyno can't provide one

<tuffty/>