What panel filter... Or not?

S3 pauly

Reaction score
Hey all I was thinking about replacing the standard filter in my s3 but wondering if a change to a performance panel filter is worth it or not. I had a bmc enclosed induction on my last s3 8l and sounded great. Any views on what to do would be welcomed..

Last edited:
general consensus is that dont bother with a panel, if you want gains save the 30-40 quid on a panel and put it towards a proper induction kit.

Cheap ones being the MTC intake or the expensive proper one being the Revo.

Cool thanks I'll look into, easy to fit yoursel? I'm not the greatest with cars

As above.....total waste of money.

Tried one a while back when I started modifying my car and it did basically nothing the OEM filter couldn't do.

Don't waste your money...

I'm also going to remap but would it be a waste of time having an induction kit alone.

I'm also going to remap but would it be a waste of time having an induction kit alone.

Pretty much yes.

See it as an essential to get the best from a remap,but not really much point if you don't.
You'd be spending a few hundred pounds for a few bhp at peak rpm otherwise.

i'm in the process of adding all the mods i've bought. got a maxogen ITG cold air induction kit. fitted it at the weekend, along with an OEM "rev D" diverter valve, and just for the nicer sound alone it's worth it. sometimes get a nice "turbo chatter" sound on gear changes at the right rpm :)

Reactions: S3 pauly
Here you go .....

Old school ITG

One of the oldest and still one of the best.