Night driving distractions

MarkyH

Marky
Reaction score
So now that the dark mornings have arrived does anybody else find that the blue/ red heater controls are incredibly bright and distracting when driving at night. I have already switched off footwell lighting and tend to retract the MMI screen but find the blue/ red heater controls distracting in the corner of eye but don't think there is anyway to turn down?

Dimmer/next to headlights switch

Reactions: Simon L, Sandra and Rob2k68
If that works this could be one of the shortest threads ever ! ;o)

Reactions: Pulp84, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
If that works this could be one of the shortest threads ever ! ;o)
It does it for me l was on the road at 6am for the last 2 weeks half of my journey was on really dark dual carriage ways the rheostat dims everything bar the b&O. As l found the whole dashboard lighting far too bright mate

Reactions: Rob2k68
That's good to know mate if I ever need it.

Jassy to the rescue !!! ;o)

Reactions: Jassyo06
Ye bunch of old farts. Just got back from visiting me Ma in hospital, it was like blackpool illuminations in my cabin................love it!!! ;)

Reactions: slayaz, xBox, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Hope your Ma's ok mate ? Mines like a 747 cockpit too - love it !!

Reactions: Simon L
I agree on the MMI screen but I miss all the other illumination when driving a strange (lesser) hire car in the dark. I can never find anything.

Upload 2015 10 17 9 28 8

From the manual!

I hate interior lighting in my car, the darker the better, the thought of an ILP to me is .
We all different I suppose......

I prefer quite bright lighting after dark. But I don't get up until it's light these days. I've done with venturing out in the middle of the night :blahblah1:

I even drop the screen if I'm feeling the glare.

Ha ha got dimmer on minimum but heater lights still so bright in corner of eyes!

IIRC mine are all at maximum brightness. That said I live in a city so it's never dark outside anyway. Maybe if most of my driving was down pitch black country lanes I'd set things up differently!

Yeah very urban no roadlighting l even dim er indoors fiesta dash lighting as you can see the road ahead far better just call it dashboard lighting pollution lol

I agree on the MMI screen but I miss all the other illumination when driving a strange (lesser) hire car in the dark. I can never find anything.

View attachment 71139

From the manual!
I find that brightness switch has three main settings:

Bright
Very bright and
Retina-destroying bright

Turned mine all the way down and that's fine. I'd actually prefer the red heater lights to be brighter but I don't like the white glare from the speedometer.

Re: the MMI, there's a setting in there to adjust its brightness too.