Speakers

.-Samuel-.

Reaction score
Audi A3 1.4 TFSI 09 Plate.

Hi,

So I have just installed a new Parrot Asteroid System to my car and also installed a Alpine SWE-815 with Quick Easy Release Plugs.

I want to upgrade my fronts to JL audio speakers but my Sub has the amp built in,so can I just plug new ones straight in or wont they have enough power? or do i need an amp to sort them out?

Cheers

Sam

What JL Audio speakers are you going for? And You could do much better than JL, their amps and subs are the dog's but their speakers are rubbish and haven't been revised for years.

Not sure yet tbh. I was looking last night but there all high priced and the reviews were not very good. Not sure what front speakers to go for now.

Ive decided to leave the rears as stock but change the fronts. Not many people go in the back so it doesnt matter. Im wiring my sub in tonight as I did my stereo last night.

Any advice on what front speakers to get?

Not sure yet tbh. I was looking last night but there all high priced and the reviews were not very good. Not sure what front speakers to go for now.

Ive decided to leave the rears as stock but change the fronts. Not many people go in the back so it doesnt matter. Im wiring my sub in tonight as I did my stereo last night.

Any advice on what front speakers to get?

What is your budget?

Max of £150 for the front speakers.

But im hoping they can just plug straight in instead of having to wire another amp up.

Unless ypu have Full Bose then changing the front spekeras isnt a problem. JL Audio are very good speakers and I sell them at work but like Sayam said they are little bit behind on the design at the moment. I personally would fit some Morel speakers in the car with the correct speaker collars and some Dynamat sound proofing. i have just installed some in my A4 at work (benefit I dont have to pay RRP) and love them. very good quality product, sound amazing, good value (speakers from £100 -£5000)

You don't need another amp unless you have the Bose, as said.

Go for the Hertz Energy range http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/speakers/component-systems/6-5-inch-comp-17cm/hertz-energy-esk-165-5

Make sure you get some sound deadening to seal up the large apertures in the inner door and seal the collar to the door. You also want some behind the speaker...all helps with mid bass.

Morel are decent, depending on which range you choose from.

To be honest it also depends on the genre of music you listen to, it wouldn't be difficult to make JLs or Morels play music they just can't handle and it wouldn't sound as good as other brands...That's the reason I prefer the Mille Legend over the Voce.

I fit Morels daily at work in kids cars whom like garage n houise music and we put some yesterday in a E63 AMG for a 72 old chap who listens to mostly jazz music. A decent set of components is designed to work and cater for most types of music. Speakers are not sold in music genre catgories. I have sold JL Audio for over 12 years and never had an un-happy customer yet. The japanese manufacturers speakers are definately a bit more bright and harsher on the tweeter front than JL / Morel / hertz etc etc though.

I fitted a full hertz mille setup in an mk2 Focus RS as demo at my old work and sounded amazing but the product wasnt cheap. £500 sub / £500 components etc. Pretty much any £500 speaker sounds amazing or it wouldnt be £500.00. My Morels in my A4 are £610.00 RRP but I dont pay RRP so not a good example.

To be honest if you have £150.00 to spend then for me its Morel Maximo Components or JL Audio C2 components. I dint sell Hertz at new shiop so dont know models / pricing anymore. Would imagine be Energy or Hi-Energy range. Both very good speakers and I still have Hi-Energy in my Subaru and cant fault them at all.

Choice is yours mate. You wont be dissapointed with any of the above. just make sure they are fitted correctly or any speaker can sound bad. Highly recommend fitting some Dynamat at the same time. i have filled my A4 doorsa and made huge difference.

Hope didnt bore you tio much but I have been in the car audio business now for 15 years and dont want you to waste any money.

Even £85 JL Audio TR 650 CSI Evolution sound great , been around for some time now .

Yes Gazwould they are very good. very easy to fit all round good quality speaker. I have just sold some over the counter to a chap for his van.

I did worry when I went even cheaper for some JBL CS-6C , not an ounce of disappointment .

The only confusion was how do they do it for the price .

Cheers chaps,any help is good help.

I think I am going to go for JL audio as my local car audi dealer sells them so ill proba go for the 650 CSI's.
I like my bass but no distortion.

Will the 650 CSI's plug straight in to the speaker plug that is currently there or will I need a new one?

Fair enough, when I make my comments I do so with the backup of the distributor in mind.

All I'll say is that the current JL one leaves much to be desired compared with times that have now passed. It's a service we provide not just a box of speakers and see you later. Not saying that anyone else does that's how I do it.

Speakers aren't sold in music genres but with that experience I'm sure you can appreciate some will play certain music better than others...depending on the material of the cone or tweeter etc...anyway I digress...