Baby's first adventure under the bonnet, featuring AGN.

Rossbernd

Reaction score
Hello, massive noob here, i recently got hold of an 00' A3 (AGN) which is running pretty rough, all i know about cars is the bare basics of how an engine, gears etc works + what I've picked in the last few days from google and whatnot. I've had a quick search and scan through some stuff on this forum but haven't found anything to answer my main question so far, so here it comes.

Where would i find the PCV valve on an AGN?

Quickly noticed after buying the car (cheap and known to be faulty, don't worry) that the dipstick tube and what i now know to be the crankcase breather were broken, in the case of the breather, pretty messy at the bottom, as if it had really popped with some force. Long story short i figured it was probably a clog in the PCV system which caused a pressure buildup and blew those, though if that sounds like rubbish please someone set me right. Anyway, I've got the breather off and the hoses which run up from it and T off (one end going to directly below the oil cap, the other joining the air intake, just before the throttle body), so it's about time i had a look at that PCV valve to see what shape it's in I'm thinking.

If it's any use to those reading, I've got a few engine codes (couldn't get any OEM codes, only "error"), as follows:

Thanks for reading.

Pcv valve is situated straight after the crank case breather L shaped pipe.

It looks like a t connector with a vacuum pipe going to inlet mani .... then the pipe that goes from there goes to rocker cover breather y hose.

Hope this helps

Cheers for the reply.
The T in this?
25Wo2Wu.jpg

Cheers for the reply.
The T in this?
25Wo2Wu.jpg
This goes to -
Pcv valve is situated straight after the crank case breather L shaped pipe.

It looks like a t connector with a vacuum pipe going to inlet mani .... then the pipe that goes from there goes to rocker cover breather y hose.

Hope this helps
Sorry for double posting, but i have a feeling it wont get to CR41G's inbox otherwise.

heres a photo of the pcv system from the pcv simplification and catch can install thread in the stickies section.(hope the images original poster don't mind ive borrowed it)

heres a photo of the pcv system from the pcv simplification and catch can install thread in the stickies section.(hope the images original poster don't mind ive borrowed it)
Did have a skim of that thread but it doesnt look a whole lot like mine, if it's any use to anyone heres a couple pics of my engine, minus the parts in my first picture in this thread.
w7nNO1B.jpg
72mN7KH.jpg

QuSUM9r.jpg
UsJhKbD.jpg

hello again, back on the case of the missing PCV valve, could this be it? the small nozzle has a hose leading to the intake manifold just downstream of the throttle body, the large nozzle connects to my breather piping, both can be seen in some of my photos earlier in the thread, if this isnt a PCV valve, anyone have any idea what it is? for reference, the part number for this intake boot is 1J0 129 684 L.