Ordering advice

The chosen one

Reaction score
Was hoping one or two of you lovely people would be able to assist me in the ordering of my new Audi, on the account i'm currently not an Audi driver and never purchased an Audi in the past.

Making the switch as I will be getting one as a company car, but that aside I still need to drive and enjoy her so I want to make the right choice.

I think I have settled on the model, given the choice of the sportback or the saloon, I think i'm settling on the saloon and hoping this is the right thing to do? ( Always drove hatchbacks (( currently in a 2012 BMW F20 120D)) so thought I would go for something different!)

Which ever model I go for it will have the same engine anyway, that'll be the 1.6 s-tronic diesel ( I've no influence on this)

So I guess i'm looking for some advice on the colour/styling....

So far i'm going to be looking at the following spec:

17" 10 spoke design alloys ( 17" is the most I can go to due to co2 emission)
Cruise control
Xenon light package
Heated front seats
Electric lumbar support
Rear side airbags
Storage and luggage package
No smoking package
Black/silver rallye cloth

From that point I'm a little unsure as to what to go for....I was thinking Glacier white with the black styling pack and then privacy glass?

But i'm also interested in the monsoon grey and leave the black styling pack off and *** rear parking assist....

Any advice would be gracefully welcomed.

Thank you

You need to go for the comfort pack. That includes cruise control and is the cheapest way to get the park assist and park assist plus.

Do consider High Beam Assist - one of the best options I've ever spec'd for £150 - and Audi Sound System. Rear park assist def useful, as are folding wing mirrors. That aside, nice spec you have down.

The interior LED light pack is also a great option

I have a Misano Red S3, but my sister has just bought an A3 1.4CoD Saloon in Monsoon Grey and I have to say the colour is actually growing on me, to the point that it is a serious contender when I change my S3. I also happened to have the same colour on an A3 SB I had as a loner whilst mine was being repaired, and again looked really good. A sophisticated and subtle colour in my opinion. Nice.

Whatever colour you choose though from your options above, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Agree about High Beam Assist and the folding mirrors.

Can't say I do regarding the dark grey metallic. I really don't like it.

As above, but also don't get cornering lights, useless, beam assist much better. Make sure you get the audi sound system.

No smoking pack just loses the nice ashtray (which can be used to hold a phone and keys or loose change), the socket still does the same thing with the smoking pack i.e. charge phone etc

Sat nav is nice and integrated but you can order it after.

Just add

AUDI SOUND SYSTEM.

COMFORT PACKAGE.(includes sunband on windscreen,Auto lights,rear parking sensors free cruise control front sensors for £250,

POWER FOLDING HEATED DOOR MIRRORS.

As for colour got to be a metallic paint on a A3 saloon, add these and bob's yer uncle

Options are subjective and (almost without exception) a waste of your money so choose wisely based upon your personal preference and requirements and make your own decision and not take on the opinion of others on a forum.

You can guarantee that if you get a car without any of the options folk are suggesting you should get (which nearly always will be the options they have), you won't miss it (or you'll get used to not having it within a day or so), it will still drive the same as those cars that have £10k worth of options, and that your car will be worth the same based on a similar term and mileage as one with £10k of options.

Invest wisely, or in something else.
A good rule on here by some is to limit your spend on options to the amount of discount you have received off rrp.
Personally I'd say less is more.

Monsoon is a good colour, but Daytona is better.
Have owned both and would have Daytona again, wouldn't Monsoon.
Personal opinion only and should be ignored!

Reactions: Kings999
Options are subjective and (almost without exception) a waste of your money so choose wisely based upon your personal preference and requirements and make your own decision and not take on the opinion of others on a forum.

You can guarantee that if you get a car without any of the options folk are suggesting you should get (which nearly always will be the options they have), you won't miss it (or you'll get used to not having it within a day or so), it will still drive the same as those cars that have £10k worth of options, and that your car will be worth the same based on a similar term and mileage as one with £10k of options.

Invest wisely, or in something else.
A good rule on here by some is to limit your spend on options to the amount of discount you have received off rrp.
Personally I'd say less is more.

Monsoon is a good colour, but Daytona is better.
Have owned both and would have Daytona again, wouldn't Monsoon.
Personal opinion only and should be ignored!
The buyer wants options we are just trying to advise what's the best value for money,we know you didn't want them on your saloon that's fair enough,not everyone is the same CraigI he's no doubt on a specific budget as it's a company car

Reactions: Jiten C