ANYONE GOT ANYTHING NICE TO SAY ABOUT....THE A3/S3

Jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Reaction score
God its all going a bit Pete Tong JUST NOW....on this forum....demon derv gate,the thorn in our side Gulf R thing....l come on here because its a nice place to be,as its the best car best forum/car i have had the pleasure of, but not today...........God this forum would put OFF any NEW punter buying a A3/S3

So cheer up it may never happen...

Reactions: RYuill, Nimbus265, dolo and 4 others
S3 is not diesel, so not affected by the dieselgate thing. :D

Reactions: Martinbanshee, Simon L and Jassyo06
My A3 Cab is best car I have ever owned

Reactions: Muttley75 and slayaz
Have owned two 8V's.......one Dirty Diesel 2.0 TDI and one b******* quick in a straight line (BOGOF :grinning:) S3 and they have been the best cars I have ever owned ...............SIMPLES

Reactions: Muttley75, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Quality thread, love my dirty TDI

Reactions: gibboson8, kc1174, Simon L and 1 other person
I like the steering rack on the 1.4 A3

:D

Reactions: Ben Daniel Grant, Pulp84, Simon L and 2 others
i'm goin in on saturday to order my S3, ain't no one turning me off!!!

Reactions: thebluefox, Nikon, gibboson8 and 3 others
Tomorrow I will have had my car exactly one year. I have not had any
problems with it yet. Never even had a rattle or squeak. Last year in the snow
it was terrific. No complaints on my end. :yes:

Reactions: Pulp84, Scottyg, slayaz and 3 others
Tomorrow I will have had my car exactly one year. I have not had any
problems with it yet. Never even had a rattle or squeak. Last year in the snow
it was terrific. No complaints on my end. :yes:
Happy birthday Blackwhite

Reactions: Simon L and Blackwhite
I hope so! Ordered mine a couple of weeks ago. Seemed like a good all rounder for me.

Never really tempted by the new TT, and the only other option really was the Golf R, but the deal on the S3 was too good to turn down.

Reactions: slayaz
I actually blame this forum as it encouraged me to change up to an S3...expensive!!

Reactions: ACWKGYTO and Jassyo06
my car is epic love it
FullSizeRender

Reactions: SmileyS3, Baldyone, Primolak and 9 others
Hey Jassy life isnt all rose tinted specs....embrace the darkside my friend, no light without dark

No S3 without Golf R

My car looks the nuts from all angles is that ok for you, I get loads of compliments about it

Attachments

• HighResImage (25).jpg
    HighResImage (25).jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 346
Reactions: Muttley75 and Jassyo06
I actually blame this forum as it encouraged me to change up to an S3...expensive!!

Damm we have all be rumbled guys.......OK we all work for VAG and are paid to promote the S3 and in a cunning late development came up with the plan to discredit the S3 in favour of the "R" thing to help promote the sales of that as well............I'll get my coat

Reactions: Jassyo06, Simon L and A3_Rider
Sure. You get almost no wheel spin when flooring the car on pretty much any road, the steering is fantastic at low speed, the DSG is seamless and very quiet and the car feels effortless at gaining speed quickly.

Reactions: Scottyg, Jassyo06 and Simon L
I test drove the Golf R in both manual and DSG and test drove S3 in both manual and S tronic

I went for manual S3 SB.......... great car IMO but we are all different !

Reactions: Scottyg and Jassyo06
Sure. You get almost no wheel spin when flooring the car on pretty much any road, the steering is fantastic at low speed, the DSG is seamless and very quiet and the car feels effortless at gaining speed quickly.

Are you talking golf R or S3....DSG is VW ?

Reactions: Jassyo06
Hey Jassy life isnt all rose tinted specs....embrace the darkside my friend, no light without dark

No S3 without Golf R

My car looks the nuts from all angles is that ok for you, I get loads of compliments about it
Stunning mate, still tempted to add black styling to my order. Does look the nuts on black.

Do like the chrome grill though!

Practically every day after me tea I go cruising for absolutely no reason other than I just love driving it :)

I've never cleaned a car so much in my entire life, probably more in the last month than I cleaned my previous in the last 5 years!

Everybody I know loves it ;)

How's that Jassy-boy...................feel better?!! :) (I don't do cup half empty as you probably gathered......life's way too short!)

Reactions: Ben Daniel Grant, Scottyg, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Stunning mate, still tempted to add black styling to my order. Does look the nuts on black.

Do like the chrome grill though!

Thankyou and I like the Black styling pack look

The other thing of many that I like is the individual mode where I can turn off or on the fake engine sound actuator

Not sure you can do that in the Golf R, you couldnt in the M135i although it was fairly subtle, lovely standard exhaust burble too

Practically every day after me tea I go cruising for absolutely no reason other than I just love driving it :)

I've never cleaned a car so much in my entire life, probably more in the last month than I cleaned my previous in the last 5 years!

Everybody I know loves it ;)

How's that Jassy-boy...................feel better?!! :) (I don't do cup half empty as you probably gathered......life's way too short!)
Watching Auf wiedersehen pet episode 7 series 1 so don't disturb is on my forum door lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
Watching Auf wiedersehen pet episode 7 series 1 so don't disturb is on my forum door lol

....think I tried that show once..........couldn't understand a word they were saying!! Lol ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Mine makes me smile - enough said !

Reactions: Jassyo06, ACWKGYTO and Simon L
Meanwhile VW top brass are in discussion as we speak on how to mitigate demon derv gate at a special crisis meeting !

Send in Jimmy Nail, Dennis and Bomber !

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
I test drove 3 different variants of the Golf R (3/5 door auto/man) and one test drive if the S3.

I bought the S3 end of.

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
@jassyo06 - When I've 'finished' with my current S4, the S3 saloon is still in no.1 place to replace it

Is that nice enough for you buddy? lol

PS I've found that nothing is 100% perfect in life IMO

Reactions: Blackwhite, Jassyo06 and Simon L
I've just (today!!) come in from the dark side (8p2 pre-facelift) after 3 years of enjoyment on Shark Stg1.
I loved my car, understood its foibles, and learned to drive around them.

A whole new learning curve awaits. :racer: (Misano red. Raining today, pics to follow) :wub:

Initial impressions are that it's much more polished, but equally, a bit sanitised and not quite so in-touch. Ride quality is better, unless you up the beans on a bumpy road and the Audi factory DNA shines through (but that's fixable, in time). Too early to say anything about the engine other than a remap's a given once I can get my head round binning my warranty. Nice place to sit though.

Anyone know if you can order mono.pur as a bolt-on??

So yeah, I've got nice things to say. But it's certainly more digital than analogue.

I hear the G**f R is better to drive, as a 'driver's' car.
What would you need to change, y'know ...just in case? :whistle2:

Thank you for lightening the atmosphere, its good to have some serious debate but also some light hearted banter and positivity

and car worship

I reached perfection once, but only for a second, during the summer of 1976

Reactions: Jassyo06
@jassyo06 - When I've 'finished' with my current S4, the S3 saloon is still in no.1 place to replace it

Is that nice enough for you buddy? lol

PS I've found that nothing is 100% perfect in life IMO

Unfortunately,
The only guarantee in life is Death and Taxes! :crying:

Thank you for lightening the atmosphere, its good to have some serious debate but also some light hearted banter and positivity

and car worship

I reached perfection once, but only for a second, during the summer of 1976
Yeah l think back in the day 70's/80"s life was that little bit more simple lol we/world were not so informed and Miami Vice was on the box BBC1 Monday night after the news,loved that white testarossa lol

Reactions: Scottyg, Rob2k68, Blackwhite and 1 other person
Monkey Magic was epic

Reactions: Martinbanshee, Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Yeah l think back in the day 70's/80"s life was that little bit more simple lol we/world were not so informed and Miami Vice was on the box BBC1 Monday night after the news,loved that white testarossa lol

Also some great music also! Studio 54. :yes:

Reactions: ACWKGYTO and Jassyo06
God its all going a bit Pete Tong JUST NOW....on this forum....demon derv gate,the thorn in our side Gulf R thing....l come on here because its a nice place to be,as its the best car best forum/car i have had the pleasure of, but not today...........God this forum would put OFF any NEW punter buying a A3/S3

So cheer up it may never happen...
Yeah! Love my car it's great, and even better cleaned and dropped on its *** on Eibach!