squeaking on the window

khalil

Reaction score
has anyone got same problem like this,the window on the drivers side makes a squeaking noise when it all the way up when i drop it just a little it all goes away, its driving me ****, its more on ruff surfaces

Is this different to the creaking noise a lot of us have had from our window seals?

Lots of people have had the window seal problem, including myself.

Mine is fixed, they adjusted both doors.

mark88 said:
Lots of people have had the window seal problem, including myself.

Mine is fixed, they adjusted both doors.

How did they fix it. Mine is in for a service next week?

Calibos said:
How did they fix it. Mine is in for a service next week?

They adjust the whole door, ie, move it upwards.

First time the tried lubricating the seals, didn't work.

mark88 said:
They adjust the whole door, ie, move it upwards.

First time the tried lubricating the seals, didn't work.

so you reckon i need the doors adjusted, i tried all sorts of lubricants, the best thing thats worked for a little while was washing up liquid

Didn't someone say on the prev thread on this they were told by their dealer u can fix it with talc as it is just the rubber rubbing together. Mine seems worse in cold weather, is quite good at the moment.

If it needs fixing by re-aligning the door, their must be an awful lot of misaligned doors out there from the factory as loads of people have this problem!

See thread New A3 Rattles from Windows/Door Seals which was started in June 04 and seems to be ongoing!

Luckily I don't have any creaking rubbers, but my drivers side door does start to whistle when you get above 80km/h in hot weather. I guess the rubber gets softer in the heat and then fold back in the wind, allowing air through.

The car is going in for its first service in a few weeks. I'll mention the whistle and see what kind of crap excuse the dealer can come up with.

Dunno if the doors are adjust, how do u account for "when the window is down a few inches its gone" kinda thing. When ours had this they sorted it out, but i did notice that the inner part of the body at the top where door sits into was very smooth, i wondered if they highly buffed it TBH. Never had problem since.

i have sorted the problem out today by rubbing some washing liquid on the seal inside were the window goes (the groves) its sorted for now lets just see for how long this time